- Engineer in Metallurgy 1995 MISIS
- PhD 1999 (Solid state physics)
Since 2001 — Associated Professor, MISIS.
Diffusion in solids, surface and interfaces, grain boundaries, thermodynamics and kinetics in solids, wetting.
Participation at Research Projects
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of processes at surface and interfaces in condensed matter (Ministry of Science and Education
- Increasing of exploration properties of metallic alloys by direct acting on phase and grain boundaries. (Russian Agency of Science
- Evolution of micropores during the process of heat treatment, static and cyclic loading for monocrystalline blades of Ni based superalloys of IV generation. (RFBR
- Micropores growth and annihilation in monocrystalline Ni based superalloys during homogeneization and hot isostatic pressure.( RFBR,
- Development of composition and producing methods for composite materials of new generation on the base of Nb-Si system with high specific heat resistence for blades of gas turbine engines and generating units.
(2011-2012Ministry of Science and Education.)
- Mechanisms of strengthening of welded superalloys Ni-Co-Cr-W-Ti by nitrides nanoparticles during the processes of bulk nitridation. (RFBR 2011 —2012)
- Microalloyed bulk nanostructured Al-based alloys (RFBR
- Effect of phase formation and elements adsorption at grain boundaries on microstructure and fragility of low-alloyed low carbon reactor steels after long expoitation. (RFBR 2013- 2014)
- Effect of grain boundary surface tension on grain boundary diffusion. (RFBR 2014- 2016)
- Diffusion formation of supersaturated solid solution in metallic alloys. (RFBR 2015- 2017)
Methods Used, Courses
- Material characterization methods (SEM, XRD, EPMA)
- Chemical thermodynamics, Kinetics, Data analysis
- Russian Federation President scholarship (1998)
- Intas yound scientist program (2001).
Modern technology for casting car’s components, Volkswagen AG R&D centre, Germany, Certificate, 2011
List of selected publications
- O.Kozlova, A.Rodin Liquid Ga Penetration along Al Grain Boundaries: Effect of External Stress and Ga Undercooling. Defect and Diffusion Forum, 2006, Vols. 249, pp.
- M.V. Astakhov, G.S. Belanov, V.G. Vasil’chenko, A.O. Rodin, V.D. Samoilenko, A.S. Solov’ev. Properties of Composite Scintillators Based on Severely Deformed Powder Fillers. Instruments and Experimental Techniques, 2006, V.49, N5, pp.
- B. S. Bokstein, A. I. Epishin, T. Link, A. O. Rodin and I. L. Svetlov. Model for the porosity growth in single-crystal nickel-base superalloys during homogenization // Scripta Mater. 2007. V.57. P.801-804.
- N. Dolgopolov, A. Rodin, A. Simanov, I. Gontar’. Cu diffusion along Al grain boundaries. Materials Letters, Volume 62, Issue 30, 2008, Pages
- B.B. Straumal, A.A. Mazilkin, S.G. Protasova, S.V. Dobatkin, A.O. Rodin, B. Baretzky, D. Goll, G. Schütz Fe—C nanograined alloys obtained by high pressure torsion: Structure and magnetic properties Mater. Sci. Eng. A 503 (2009)
- M. I. Mendelev, A.O. Rodin and B.S. Bokstein: “Computer Simulation of Diffusion in Dilute Al-Fe Alloys”, Defect and Diffusion Forum Vols.
289-292(2009) pp 733-740.
- Bokstein B.S., Esin V.A., Rodin A.O., Svetlov I.L.MODELS FOR THE POROSITY GROWTH AND DISSOLUTION IN SINGLE-CRYSTAL NICKEL-BASE SUPERALLOYS Diffusion and Defect Data. Pt A Defect and Diffusion Forum. 2010. Т.
- B.S., Esin V.A., Rodin A.O A NEW MODEL OF GRAIN-BOUNDARY SEGREGATION WITH THE FORMATION OF ATOMIC COMPLEXES IN A GRAIN BOUNDARY The Physics of Metals and Metallography. 2010. Т. 109. № 4. С.
- Mendelev M.I., Rodin A.O., Bokstein B.S COMPUTER SIMULATION OF FE DIFFUSION IN LIQUID AL AND ALONG AL GRAIN BOUNDARIES. Diffusion and Defect Data. Pt A Defect and Diffusion Forum. 2011. Т.
- D. Prokoshkina, A.O. Rodin, V. Esin. About Fe Diffusion in Cu. Defect and Diffusion Forum, 2012, V.323-325, pp.
- RODIN Alexey, DOLGOPOLOV Nicolai, KRYUKOV Sergei Grain Boundary Diffusion. Effect of Segregation or Concentration. Dependence of Diffusivity. Defect and Diffusion Forum Vols.
323-325(2012) pp 165-170
- By: Zaitsev, A. K.; Svetlov, I. L.; Folomeikin, Yu. I.; Rodin, AO ; Bokshtein, B. S. Thermodynamic modeling of the interaction of Y2O3 with Nb-Si-based melts RUSSIAN JOURNAL OF NON-FERROUS METALS Volume: 55 Issue: 1 Pages:
- Epishin, A. I.Link, T.;Noltze, G.;Svetlov, I. L.;Bokshtein, B. S.; Rodin, A. O.;Salivan-Neumann, R.;Oder, G. Diffusion processes in multicomponent nickel-base superalloy-nickel system PHYSICS OF METALS AND METALLOGRAPHY Volume: 115 Issue: 1 Pages:
21-29 Published:JAN 2014
- Boris Bokstein and Alexey Rodin Grain Boundary Diffusion and Grain Boundary Segregation in Metals and Alloys.Diffusion Foundations Vol. 1 (2014) pp
- Sorokin, M.V., Lavrukhina, Z.V., Khodan, A.N., Maltsev, D.A., Bokstein, B.S.,Rodin, A.O., Ryazanov, A.I., Gurovich, B.A. Effect of subgrain structure on the kinetics of phosphorus segregation in grain boundaries. Materials Letters Volume 158, 13 June 2015, Pages