|Instructor:||Sergey Marenkin, Oleg Igorevich Rabinovich|
The goal of the development of the course Spintronics materials and devices is to prepare professionals to solve problems in the modern professional scientific and production teams involved in innovative technology development to create new materials and devices of spinelectronics, spin valve structures and to teach the basic principles of the giant and tunnel magneto-resistive effects, relative quantum theory topics, analysis of quantum effects in spintronics, physical and physical-chemical basis of manufacturing technology of spintronics.
It is intended to form the foundation of the training of masters in the use of high-precision equipment, receiving the specified parameters of materials, including multicomponent nanoheterostructures, thin films and high-purity semiconductor materials and devices based on them (components and nanotechnology)
Purpose to teach:
- to analyze structural and physical properties of a variety of inorganic semiconductor materials, and the ability to create on their basis low-dimensional structures for devices of micro - and nanoelectronics;
- to analyze and choose the technology of low-dimensional structures with desired characteristics
- to analyze structural and physical properties of a variety of inorganic semiconductor materials, and the ability to create on their basis the low-dimensional structures for devices of micro - and nanoelectronics;
|Hours of lecture||Hours of discussion||Hours of independent study||Total numbers of hours|
Please note that students are expected to study outside of class for three hours for every hour in class.
The plan is to work through the following topics
- Metal spin and electronic structures. Types of MRAM. Dual model Mott, its experimental confirmation. Works of A. Fert and P. Grünberg
- Metal spin electronic structure
- Materials and devices. Types of MRAM.
- Two current model Mott, its experimental confirmation. Works of A. Fert and P. Grünberg
- Nature and giant tunnel resistive effects, the possibility of creating spin diodes and transistors
- Nature giant resistive effect.
- Nature tunnel resistive effect.
- Ability to create spin diodes and transistors
- Granular structures, methods of preparation, materials, properties, prospects of development. Spin valves and valves, as the basis of a computer hard disk. The materials of these devices. Ways of parameters optimization of the these devices
- Granular structures, methods, properties, materials, development prospects
- Materials for such structures and their optimization
- Spin valves
- J. Piprek; Nitride Semiconductor Devices. Principles and Simulation; Wiley; 2014
- Angus Rockett; The Materials Science of Semiconductors; Springer; 2014
- Harald Ibach, Hans Lüth; Solid-State Physics. An Introduction to Principles of Materials Science; Springer; 2014
- Peter Y. Yu, Manuel Cardona; Fundamentals of Semiconductors. Physics and Materials Properties; Springer; 2014
- H. Morkos; Handbook of Nitride Semiconductors and Devices; Wiley; 2014
Six assinments distributed evenly through out the term. They include theoretical questions on numerical methods and small modelling problems.
|Midterm course work||20%|