Read Textbooks, Ask Teachers
While it is sufficient to pay attenstion to classes to pass thru the exams, it is required to read textbooks to build a more well-rounded understanding of the subject. We recommend that you read the textbooks on the subjects you like, and consult teachers with major questions you don’t understand.
The following textbooks relating the master program are available to download from MISIS IP-address range (read: you can download these textbooks if you’d get online from your lab):
- Nanotechnology for Photovoltaics, by Tsakalakos, Loucas
- Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, by Landau, L D., Lifshitz, E.M.,Sykes, J. B.,Pitaevskii, L. P.,Bell, J. S.
- Mechanics, by Landau, L. D.
- Quantum Mechanics, by Landau, L. D., Bell, J. S.,Sykes, J. B.
- Statistical Physics, by Landau, L. D., Sykes, John Bradbury,Kearsley, M J.,Lifshit︠s︡, E. M.
- Theory of Elasticity, by Landau, L. D., Pitaevskiĭ, L. P.,Kosevich, Arnolʹd Markovich.
- Mathematical Methods for Physicists, by Arfken, George B., Harris, Frank E.
- The Physics of Low-dimensional Semiconductors: An Introduction, by John H. Davies
- Condensed Matter Field Theory, by Alexander Altland, Ben D. Simons
- Field Theories of Condensed Matter Physics, by Eduardo Fradkin
- Modern Techniques of Surface Science, by D. P. Woodruff, T. A. Delchar
- Advanced Condensed Matter Physics, by Leonard M. Sander
- Phase Equilibria, Phase Diagrams and Phase Transformations: Their Thermodynamic Basis, by Mats Hillert
- The Materials Science of Semiconductors, by Angus Rockett
- Solid-State Physics. An Introduction to Principles of Materials Science, by Harald Ibach, Hans Lüth
- Solid-State Physics. Introduction to the Theory, by James Patterson, Bernard Bailey
- Introduction to Mesoscopic Physics, by Imry, Yoseph.
- Advanced Magnetic Nanostructures, by David Sellmyer, Ralph Skomski
- Handbook of Advanced Magnetic Materials, by Yi Liu, David J. Sellmyer, Daisuke Shindo
- Nanoscale Magnetic Materials and Applications, by J. Ping Liu, Eric Fullerton, Oliver Gutfleisch, D.J. Sellmyer
- Principles of Nanomagnetism, by Alberto P. Guimarães
- Fundamentals of Semiconductors. Physics and Materials Properties, by Peter Y. Yu, Manuel Cardona
- Magnetic Materials: Fundamentals and Applications, by Nicola A. Spaldin
- Ultrafast Lasers Based on Quantum Dot Structures — Physics and Devices, by Rafailov
- Introduction to Organic Semiconductor Heterojunctions, by Yan
Feel free to:
- download the textbook (that is possible from MISIS IP address range)
- limited printing. The actual page limits vary from one publishing house to another, but a good rule of thumb is not to print more than 50 pages at once.
You are not allowed to:
- put the files online, or even
- send it by email