This course covers the main methods of construction of solar cells into a battery. It explores the various types of connecting elements, problems associated with shadowing of certain battery parts, voltage changes, contact losses and use of conceptor modules.
Other parts of the course provide information about the current tracking systems, which allow to orient the solar panel for the maximum light obsorption through out the day as a function of geographical position. The students will learn about the various types of solar plantations, their construction, assembly and economical value.
The waste management problem is also covered in the course, where “Silver” technology shows the possibility to use the solar cell industry waste. The sdutents will learn about the active solar cell based energy supply projects realised wordlwide. These include “Sun House” and other, autonomous and reserve energy supply systems.
Having completed this course, the students will become aquianted with the main types of constructions used in the world as a means of alternative energy sources and will be able to learn how to find innovative solutions to problems of effective use of solar cell generated energy whilst minimizing the loses.
|Hours of lecture||Hours of discussion||Hours in laboratory||Hours of independent study||Total numbers of hours|
- Types and structures of solar modules
- Determining the size of solar battery
- The effect of temperature on solar module
- Electrical connection of solar panels
- Improvement methods of characteristics of solar modules
- Protection of the solar panels in space environment
- Grid and autonomous photovoltaic systems
- Controllers and inventors
- Methods of concentration of sunlight
- Solar orientation systems
- The calculation of the optimal power supply system as a function of application.
- M.D. Archer, M.A. Green Clean Electricity from Photovoltaics (2nd Edition).World Scientific Publishing Company,2014
- Augustin McEvoy, Tom Markvart and Luis Castaner. Practical Handbook of Photovoltaics (Second Edition) Fundamentals and Applications. Academic Press, 2012
- Mukund R. Patel. Wind and Solar Power Systems: Design, Analysis, and Operation.CRC Press,2005
- Dorota Chwieduk. Solar Energy in Buildings. Academic Press, 2014
- Russell H. Plante. Solar Energy, Photovoltaics, and Domestic Hot Water. Elsevier Inc, 2014