Solar Cell Quality Control
Quality control of production processes is the key to get a successful production. This course offers students the opportunity to learn the basic techniques of quality control at every stage of the solar cells and solar modules production.
The aim of course to get an idea about basic methods of control process and physicochemical properties of materials, which used in solar energy.
- To give a knowledge about using the technological scheme of manufacturing solar cells and key controls operations
- To teach to use the basic methods of control photovoltaic parameters, mechanical and electrical parameters of solar panels;
- To teach the ways and methods of quality control materials for the assembly solar panels.
During the study of the subject, the main stages of the production of solar cell and battery will be considered. Also, the lectures will be explained problems connected with human factors and factors in the automated production.
At the end of the course, students will get practical experience to applying techniques of quality control of materials, learn how to calculate the probability of effective yield and reduce the risk of defects on different types of production.
|Hours of lecture||Hours of discussion||Hours in laboratory||Hours of independent study||Total numbers of hours|
- Technological schemes of manufacturing solar cells and key controls operations.
- The methods of quality control of silicon ingots and Si wafers. Quality control operations of doping.
- The methods for quality control of antireflection coatings. Quality control operations of metallization
- Control of photovoltaic parameters and potential degradation of material. Exterior and structure defects.
- The methods and techniques of quality control materials for the assembly solar panels
- The control adhesive properties films for laminates
- The control of photovoltaic module parameters, mechanical and electrical properties.
- The control of conformity of module parameters to the climatic requirements and determine the extent of degradation
- J. А. Kilner, S.J. Skinner, S.J.C. Irvine and P.P. Edwards. Functional Materials for Sustainable Energy Applications. Woodhead Publishing Limited,2012
- Cutler J. Cleveland and Christopher G. Morris. Handbook of Energy. Elsevier Inc.,2014
- T.Markvart, L.Castafier. Solar Cells: Materials, Manufacture and Operation. Elsevier Science, 2005
- Augustin McEvoy, Tom Markvart and Luis Castaner. Practical Handbook of Photovoltaics (Second Edition) Fundamentals and Applications. Elsevier Inc., 2012.