Includes short course with Cambridge Engineering Selector for teaching (CES EduPack).
Held at MISIS, October 19-21, with local and international speakers confirmed from Russia, Germany, Spain, Sweden and the UK. Preceded by Reception at the British Ambassador’s Residence (Moscow) with representatives from industry and Universities.
CES EduPack is a unique set of teaching resources that support Materials Education across Engineering, Design, Science and Sustainable Development. CES EduPack originates from the work of renowned materials educator Professor Michael F Ashby and is now used at over 1,000 universities and colleges worldwide.
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at those involved in materials and engineering-related education.
The topics covered include teaching approaches, methods and tools; accreditation and CDIO; student engagement; interdisciplinary project work; industrial case studies; and teaching software.
All academics with an interest in teaching in materials-related areas, such as engineering, material science, and design are invited.
What will you get?
- Discuss materials teaching with an international group of academics
- Explore different approaches to engage students though active project-based learning and games
- Join a hands-on CES EduPack course at introductory and advanced levels
- Hear from Granta Design about co-developing software and teaching resources with academics worldwide
- Get 30 days’ free access to all CES EduPack databases and Editions
- Get Professor Mike Ashby’s book on teaching materials
- Get a special discount for attending the International Materials Education Symposium in Cambridge in April 2017
- Network and enjoy a reception at the spectacular British Ambassador’s Residence in Moscow
|October 19th, Wed:||Reception at the British Ambassador’s Residence (Moscow) with industry and Universities’ representatives|
|October 20th, Thu:||CES EduPack short course|
|October 21st, Fri:||Materials Education Symposium|
October 20: Short Course
|When:||20th October 2016|
|Course Leaders:||Dr Tatiana V Vakhitova and Dr Claes Fredriksson (Granta Design UK)|
|09:00||Registration & refreshments|
|09:30||Course opens — Welcome, Introductions, Teaching Resource Website and Agenda Review|
|09:45||Unit 1-2: Materials, Data and Charts for CES EduPack|
|11:15||Unit 6-7: Materials Selection: Translation, Screening, Ranking|
|14:00||Objectives in Conflict and a Case Study|
|15:00||Advanced Databases andTools|
|16:00||Coffee & refreshments|
|16:30||Software Developments for material science and design|
|17:00||Software for research CES Selector|
|17:30||Wrap up & discussion|
October 21: Symposium
|When:||21st October 2016|
|09:30||Registration & Refreshments|
|10:00||Welcome & Agenda|
|10:10||Dr Olga Ushakova, The National University of Science and Technology MISIS (Moscow)|
|10:30||Dr Claes Fredriksson and Dr Tatiana Vakhitova, Granta Design (Cambridge, UK)|
|10:50||Pablo Emilio Iturralde Baquero, Moscow Polytechnic University (Moscow)|
|11:10||Dr Tatiana Illinkova, Kazan National Research Technical University named after A.N.Tupolev (Kazan)|
|12:00||Prof Dr Richard Schilling, Reutlingen University (Germany)|
|14:00||Master Class. Dr Nuria Salan, Polytechnic University of Catalonia (Barcelona)|
Workshop - Group Work in 2 streams:
|16:45||End of the Symposium|
This event is over. The registration is now closed.
- From Traditional Teaching to Project Based Learning with CES EduPack (2.6 МБ)
- Materials Science for Engineers at NUST MISIS (799.9 КБ)
- Towards an Involved, Aware and Able Classroom: Gamification of Material Sciences Teaching (2.2 МБ)
- Expert Systems for Materials Selection Or Tailoring in the Design of O&G Equipment (1.2 МБ)
- The Path to a Dream (2.6 МБ)
- Bamboo for Bikes (1.5 МБ)