Participants were given the task to develop a prototype of an information-entertainment chatbot with a visitor registration function / a news aggregator for navigating the resources of the American Cultural Center in Moscow that will be integrated with the center`s website and needed to be able to use artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies. The main prize was a contract worth $2,000.
Project evaluation criteria:
• the originality of the idea;
• the quality of performance and prototype’s degree of readiness;
• the design’s visual aesthetics;
• the engineering solution; Innovativeness of the proposed solution/effective integration of ready-made solutions with the introduction of something new;
• compliance of the solution with the technical task:
· the effective integration with the center website’s information resources;
· the quality of the project’s presentation.
Despite the large number of teams, almost none were able to implement the technical requirements and bring their project to a working prototype. As a result, only three teams reached the end of the 2nd day: one team from HSE and two teams from NUST MISIS.
Ilya Shmelev and Ilya Shigabeev, both NUST MISIS 1st year master`s degree students, were named the winners.
The American Cultural Center also noted the outstanding work of other NUST MISIS students who entered the finale of the hackathon: