On October 4th and 5th, 2018, NUST MISIS will be hosting the Science MISIS festival to go over the methods, secrets and topical issues of how to organize pop science events. Participants will have an opportunity to attend lectures and master-classes delivered by top science communicators, who will tell guests how to brightly and excitingly promote science to a wider audience. The opening ceremonies of the Days of Science Cinema
How can you talk about complicated things in a simple way? How can you fill a lecture hall for a scientific & educational event? For those who love science and dream about it becoming more mainstream, NUST MISIS and the Contemporary Science Film Festival (CSFF) will host the Science MISIS festival with the support of the Russian Federal Agency for Youth Affairs.
- Georgy Sokolov, producer of the “Scientists against myths” project — “Where to get ideas for scientific and educational activities?”;
- Andrey Egorov, TEDx Moscow organizer and founder of the Skolkovo Open University — “Team Building”;
- Arina Pushkina, producer of the Contemporary Science Film Festival and director of the Science Slam Russia Association — “How to work with partners to make them love you”;
- Andrey Voronin, director of the NUST MISIS Center for the Development & Popularization of Youth Science — “Popular science at university: the NUST MISIS experience”;
- Evgeny Nasyrov, head of the “Open laboratory” project — “All formats of popular science promotion: successes and failures”;
- Ilya Abilov, producer of the " SciOne" educational video-project— “Person for content or content for person?”;
- Mikhail Tupikin, head of the Events Department at the “Paper” (Bumaga) newspaper — “Event program through the example of Science Bar Hopping”;
- Evgeniya Russkikh, TEDx Moscow producer— “How to attract people to an event so it isn’t excruciatingly painful (and embarrassing)”;
... and many others.
On October 4th, 2018, the opening ceremony of the Days of Science Cinema
In continuation of the festival, NUST MISIS will hold a series of CSFF science film screenings, science lectures, and host the Science Slam organizers` first school in the final few months of 2018.