|1982||Graduated from the National University of Science and Technology MISIS|
|1985||PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, National University of Science and Technology MISIS|
|1990||Senior Research Scientist (VAK certificate) in Materials Science and Engineering|
- Training courses in Patenting and Licensing, VNIIGP, Moscow, Russia, 1988
- Training courses in MBA, Tulsa University, Tulsa, USA, 1993
- Trainng courses in Scanning Electron Microscopy, Shannon, Ireland, 2000
Since 1999: Manager of Research and Development, Element Six GmbH, Burghaun, Germany
Fields of Research Interests
Novel hard and superhard nanomaterials and coatings; physico-chemical fundamentals of novel technological processes in the field of hard and superhard materials; sintering fundamentals of cemented carbides; new technologies for fabrication of hard and superhard materials.
Participation at Research Projects
- Headed over 50 research projects at Elements Six GmbH since 1999
- The MACAN European project,
- Two European projects on superhard coatings and new forms of carbon, 1996 — 2011
Methods Used, Courses
- TEM and HRTEM
- Mechanical properties of hard and superhard materials
- ASTM wear tests of hard and superhard materials
Honorable Titles, Membership in the Russian and Foreign Academies and Other Public Organizations
- Member of the International Editorial Board of the Journal of Performance Materials
- Member of the Scientific Committee of International Conferences on the Science of Hard Materials
- I.Konyashin. Cemented Carbides for Mining, Construction and Wear Parts, Comprehensive Hard Materials, Elsevier Science and Technology, Editor-in-Chief V.Sarin, 2014.
- I.Konyashin, S Hlawatschek, B. Ries. Engineered Surfaces on Cemented Carbides Obtained by Tailored Sintering Techniques. Surf. Coat. Technol., 258(1014)3000-309.
- I. Konyashin, B. Ries Wear damage of cemented carbides with different combinations of WC mean grain size and Co content. Part I: ASTM wear tests. Int. Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 46 (2014)
- I. Konyashin, B. Ries Wear damage of cemented carbides with different combinations of WC mean grain size and Co content. Part II: Laboratory performance tests on rock cutting and drilling. Int. Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials 45 (2014)
- I.Yu. Konyashin, F. Lachmann, B. Ries, A.A. Mazilkin, B.B. Straumal, Chr. Kübel, L. Llanes, B. Baretzky. Strengthening zones in Co matrix of WC-Co cemented carbides. Scripta Materialia, Scripta Materialia 83 (2014)
- I.Konyashin, S. Hlawatschek, B. Ries, F.Lachmann, M. Vukovic Cobalt capping on WC-Co hardmetals. Part I: A mechanism explaining the presence or absence of cobalt layers on hardmetal articles during sintering. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 42 (2014)
- I.Konyashin, S. Hlawatschek, B. Ries, F.Lachmann, M. Vukovic. Cobalt capping on WC-Co hardmetals. Part II: A technology for fabrication of Co coated hardmetal artilces during sintering. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 42 (2014)
- Zaitsev, A. A.; Vershinnikov, V. I.; Panov, V. S.; Levashov, E. A.; Borovinskaya, I. P.; Konyashin, I. Yu.; Rupasov, S. I.; Patsera, E. I.; Shumenko, V. N.; Zamulayeva, E. I. The effect of process sintering parameters on structure and properties of VK5 hard alloy of tungsten carbide SHS powder. University Transactions. Powder Metallurgy and Functional Coatings. (2013), (3),
- I. Konyashin, B. Ries, F. Lachmann, A. T. Fry. Gradient Hardmetals: Theory and Practice. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 36(2013)10-21.
- I. Konyashin, B. Ries, F. Lachmann, A. T. Fry. A novel sintering technique for fabrication of functionally gradient WC—Co cemented carbides. J. Mater. Sci., 47 (2012),
- I. Konyashin B. Ries.F. Lachmann,A. Mazilkin,. B. Straumal. Novel Hardmetal with Nano-strengthened Binder. Inorganic Materials: Applied Research, 2011, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.
- I.Konyashin, B. Ries, F. Lachmann. Near-Nano WC-Co Hardmetals: Will They Substitute Conventional Coarse-Grained Mining Grades? International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials, 28 (2010)