|1992||Graduated from Moscow State Engineering Institute, Russia|
|1995||PhD in Solid State Physics from Moscow State Engineering Institute, Russia|
|2005||Habilitation / Docent (Adjunct Professor) Degree from University of Helsinki, Finland|
Since 2005: Aalto university, Finland, Senior Scientist
Fields of Research Interests
Low-dimensional materials, theoretical nanoscience, electronic structure calculations, defects, irradiation effects in solids, atomistic simulations.
Participation at Research Projects
2009-2012Principal Investigator in “Defect-Mediated Engineering of Carbon Nano-Materials”, Academy of Finland 2011-2013Principal Investigator in “Irradiation effects in low- dimensional materials”, Academy of Finland 2013-2014Principal Investigator in “Characterization of defects in two-dimensional inorganic materials by first-principles simulations and transmission electron microscopy experiments,” Academy of Finland 2012-2016Principal Investigator in “Two-dimensional programmable materials for optical and electronic applications”
Methods Used, Courses
Atomistic simulations, electronic structure calculations, density-functional theory, molecular dynamics.
- Certificate of Qualification and Grant, Samsung Electronics Corporation (South Korea) 1995
- Huntswill Ion Beam Institute Award, Huntswill Ion Beam Institute, USA 2010
Honorable Titles, Membership in the Russian and Foreign Academies and Other Public Organizations
- Member of the Management Committee of COST action MP0901 “Designing novel materials for nanodevices: From Theory to Practice (NanoTP)”
- Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience
- Member of American Physical Society, Materials Research Society, European Materials Research Society, American Vacuum Society,
- Co-chairman of 18 international conferences; Member of scientific committees of 8 international conferences
- O. Cretu, H.-P. Komsa, O. Lehtinen, G. Algara-Siller, U. Kaiser, K. Suenaga, and A. V. Krasheninnikov, “Experimental Observation of Boron Nitride Chains”, ACS Nano 8 (2014) 11950.
- R. Senga, H.-P. Komsa, Zh.Liu, K. Hirose-Takai, A. V. Krasheninnikov, K. Suenaga, “Atomic structure and dynamic behaviour of truly one-dimensional ionic chains inside carbon nanotubes” Nature Materials 13 (2014) 1050.
- C. Herbig, E. H. Åhlgren, W. Jolie, C. Busse, J. Kotakoski, A. V. Krasheninnikov, and T. Michely “Interfacial carbon nanoplatelet formation by ion irradiation of graphene on iridium(111)” ACS Nano 8 (2014) 12208.
- S. Standop, O.J. Lehtinen, C. Herbig, G. Lewes-Malandrakis, F. Craes, J. Kotakoski, T. Michely, A. V. Krasheninnikov, and C. Busse, “Ion Impacts on Graphene/Ir(111): Interface Channeling, Vacancy Funnels, and a Nanomesh”, Nano Letters 13 (2013) 1948.
- O. Lehtinen, S. Kurasch, A. V. Krasheninnikov, and U. Kaiser “Atomic scale study of the life cycle of a dislocation in graphene from birth to annihilation”, Nature Communications 4 (2013) 2098.
- R. R. Nair, I.-L. Tsai, M. Sepioni, O. Lehtinen, J. Keinonen, A. V. Krasheninnikov, A.H. Castro Neto, M.I. Katsnelson, A. K. Geim and I. V. Grigorieva “Dual origin of defect magnetism in graphene and its reversible switching by molecular doping”, Nature Communications 4 (2013) 2010.
- T. Björkman, S. Kurasch, O. Lehtinen, J. Kotakoski, O.V. Yazyev, A. Srivastava, V. Skakalova, J.H. Smet, U. Kaiser, and A. V. Krasheninnikov, “Defects in bilayer silica and graphene: common trends in diverse hexagonal two-dimensional systems” Scientific Reports 3 (2013) 3482.
- J. Kotakoski, D. Santos-Cottin, and A. V. Krasheninnikov, “Stability of graphene edges under electron beam: equilibrium energetics vs. dynamic effects”, ACS Nano 6 (2012) 671.
- S. Kurasch, J. Kotakoski, O.J. Lehtinen, V. Skakalova, J.H. Smet, C. Krill, A. V. Krasheninnikov, and U. Kaiser “Atom-by-Atom Observation of Grain Boundary Migration in Graphene”, Nano Letters 12 (2012) 3168.
- H.-P. Komsa, J. Kotakoski, S. Kurasch, O. Lehtinen, U. Kaiser, and A. V. Krasheninnikov “Two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides under electron irradiation: defect production and doping”, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109 (2012) 035503.
- R. R. Nair, M. Sepioni,
I-LingTsai, O. Lehtinen, J. Keinonen, A. V. Krasheninnikov, T. Thomson, A. K. Geim and I. V. Grigorieva “Spin-half paramagnetism in graphene induced by point defects”, Nature Physics 8 (2012) 199.
- A.V. Krasheninnikov, P.O. Lehtinen, A.S. Foster, P. Pyykko, and R.M. Nieminen “Embedding transition-metal atoms in graphene: Structure, bonding, and magnetism”, Phys.Rev.Lett. 102 (2009) 126807.
- A. V. Krasheninnikov, and F. Banhart “Engineering of nanostructured carbon materials with electron or ion beams”, Nature Materials, 6 (2007) 723.
- L. Sun, F. Banhart, A.V. Krasheninnikov, J.A. Rodriguez-Manzo, M. Terrones, P. M. Ajayan “Carbon Nanotubes as High-Pressure Cylinders and Nanoextruders” Science 312 (2006) 1199.