|1979||B.S. (Chem. Phys) — Moscow Physical and Technical Institute (“Fiztekh”)|
|1986||Ph.D. (Phys. and Mathem.) — Institute of Chemical Physics Academy of Sciences of the USSR|
|1995||D.Sc. (Phys. and Mathem.) — Institute of Structural Macrokinetics Russian Academy of Sciences|
|2006||Professor (Phys and Mathem) — Institute of Structural Macrokinetics Russian Academy of Sciences|
Institute of Chemical Physics Russian Academy of Sciences:
- Engineer, junior researcher, senior researcher (1979 — 1987)
Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science Russian Academy of Sciences (ISMAN)
- Head of the Laboratory for Dynamics of Micro-heterogeneous Processes (1988 — present)
Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloy (Technological University):
- Professor, Department of Powder Metallurgy and Functional Coatings (2003 — present)
- Vice-director of the Educational-Scientific Center of Ceramic Nanomaterials, MISIS (2011 — present).
- International Journal of Self-propagating High temperature Synthesis (Allerton Press Inc., Pleada Publishing)
- Scientific secretary (1992 — present)
- Regional Editor (Russia and Countries of the Former Soviet Union) — 2005 — 2013
- Editor-in-chief — 2014 — present
Fields of Research Interests
Dynamics of phase and structure transformations during high-temperature processes in micro-heterogeneous and nano-heterogeneous systems. Mechanisms of combustion wave propagation in micro-heterogeneous media and nano-systems. Self propagating high temperature synthesis (combustion synthesis) of advanced materials. Product structure formation at combustion and thermal explosion conditions. Macrokinetics and chemical kinetics of fast-running processes. Reaction waves in multilayer thin films Mechanical activation of heterogeneous reactions.
Methods Used, Courses
- Course of lectures on Self-propagating High Temperature Synthesis of Materials (SHS) for the students, bachelors and masters of the Moscow Steel and Allow Institute (Technical University)
- Supervision for Ph.D. dissertations — 8 (1996, 2000, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2005, 2008, 2011)
- Supervision for M.S. and B.Sc. diploma — 15
Honorable Titles, Membership in the Russian and Foreign Academies and Other Public Organizations
World Academy of Ceramics, Member (Academician), 2007 — present International Combustion Institute, Russian Section, Member, 2000 — present Scientific Council on Combustion and Explosion, Russian Academy of Sciences, 1999 — present
- Merzhanov A.G. and Rogachev A.S. Structural macrokinetics of SHS processes. Pure and Applied Chemistry, 1992, v.64, No.7, pp.941-953.
- Rogachev A.S., Varma A. and Merzhanov A.G. The mechanism of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of nickel aluminides, Part I: Formation of the product microstructure in a combustion wave. International journal of SHS, 1993, v.2, No.1, pp.25-38.
- Rogachev A.S., Khomenko I.O., Varma A., Merzhanov A.G. and Ponomarev V.I. The mechanism of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of nickel aluminides, Part II: Crystal structure formation in a combustion wave. International journal of SHS, 1994, v.3, pp.239-252.
- Shugaev V.A., Rogachev A.S. and Ponomarev V.I. A model for structure formation in SHS systems. International journal of SHS, 1992, v.1, No.1, pp.72-77.
- Pityulin A.N., Bogatov Yu.V. and Rogachev A.S. Gradient hard alloys. International journal of SHS, v.1, No.1, pp.111-118.
- Sytschev A.E., Charshechkin I.D. and Rogachev A.S. Structure and mechanical properties of SHS cermets. International journal of SHS, 1992, v.1, No.1, pp.141-146.
- Levashov E.A., Borovinskaya I.P., Rogachev A.S., Koizumi M., Ohyanagi M. and Hosomi S. SHS: a new method for production of diamond-containing ceramics. International journal of SHS, 1993, v.2, No.2, pp.189-201.
- Rogachev A.S., Shugaev V.A., Kachelmyer C.R. and Varma A. Mechanisms of Structure formation during combustion synthesis of materials. Chemical engineering science, 1994, v.49, pp.4949-4958.
- Merzhanov A.G., Borovinskaya I.P., Khomenko I.O., Mukasyan A.S., Ponomarev V.I., Rogachev A.S., Shkiro V.M. Dynamics of phase formation during SHS processes. Annales de Chimie, 1995, v.20, pp.123-138.
- Rogachev A.S., Varma A., Shugaev V.A., Khomenko I.O. and Kachelmeyer C.R. On the mechanism of structure formation during combustion synthesis of titanium silicides. Combustion science and technology, 1995, v.109, pp.53-70.
- Merzhanov A.G., Rogachev A.S., Umarov L.M., and Kir’yakov N.V. Experimental study of the gas phase formed in the processes of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis. Combustion, Explosion & Shock Waves, 1997 v.33 No.4, pp.439-447.
- Mukasyan A., Pelekh A., Varma A., Rogachev A., and Jenkins A. Effects of Gravity on Combustion Synthesis in Heterogeneous Gasless Systems. AIAA Journal, 1997, v.35, #12, pp.1821-1828.
- Merzhanov A.G., Mukasyan A.S., Rogachev A.S., Sytchev A.E., Hwans S., and Varma A. Microstructure of combustion front in heterogeneous gasless media (on the example of 5Ti+3Si system). Fizika Gorenia I Vzryva, 1996, v.323, No.6, (in Russian)
- Mukasyan A.S., Hwang S., Sytchev A.E., Rogachev A.S., Merzhavov A.G., and Varma A. Combustion wave microstructure in heterogeneous gasless systems. Comb. Sci. And Tech., 1996, v.115, pp.335-353.
- Hwang S., Mukasyan A.S, Rogachev A.S., and Varma A Combustion wave microstructure in gas-solid reaction systems: Experiment and theory. Comb. Sci. And Tech., 1996, v.123, pp.165-184.
- Kachelmyer C.R., Khomenko I.O., Rogachev A.S., and Varma A., A time-resolved
X-raydiffraction study of Ti5Si3 product formation during combustion synthesis. J.Mater.Res., 1997, v.12, No.12, pp.3230-3240.
- Varma A., Rogachev A.S., Mukasyan A.S., and Hwang S. Complex behavior of self-propagating reaction waves in heterogeneous media. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 1998, v.95, pp.11053-11058.
- Merzhanov A.G., Rogachev A.S., and Sytchev A.S. Self-propagating high-temperature synthesis: first experiments if space. Doklady Akademii Nauk, 1998, v.362, No.2, pp.217-221 (in Russian).