Inspired by the works of Professor A.A. Abrikosov, the Nobel Prize winner, who held the Chair of the Department of Theoretical Physics from 1975 to 1990, we train students for a scientific research in the following areas:
Our vision is that industry of the XXI century would be based on quantum mechanics — hence "quantum technlogies" in the title of the department.
Below on this page you will find information about:
English Language Master's Program
In the summer of 2014 we launched English version of our successful Russian-language master's program "Physics of nanosystems" (taught since 2008). The main feature of our master's program is that subjects are tought by the leaders of research groups. Please find curriculum and other information at program's page.
Here's a list of some of our alumni:
- Pavel Korotaev graduated in 2013, works in ROSATOM
- Maxim Belov graduated in 2012, works in Linköping University
- Ivan Bleskov graduated in 2010, works in Max Planck University
- Nina Bondarenko graduated in 2008, works in Uppsala University
- Svetlana Baoukina graduated in 2005, works in University of Calgary
Get in Touch
If you are interested in joining one of our research groups — please find the relevant person's contact information at the staff page. That page also contains links to publications of the researchers. It is useful to run through a couple of group leader's recent publications to get an idea of the research activity.
With any other questions feel free to rich us at email@example.com.