The International Conference on Internal Friction and Ultrasonic Attenuation in Solids ‘ICIFUAS’ began in Providence (USA, 1956) and continued in Ithaca (USA, 1961), Manchester (England, 1965), Providence (USA, 1969), Aachen (Germany, 1973), Tokyo (Japan, 1977), Lausanne (Switzerland 1981), Urbana (USA, 1985), Beijing (China, 1989), Rome (Italy, 1993), Poiters (France, 1996), Buenos Aires (Argentina, 1999), and Bilbao (Spain, 2002). In 2005 the conference changed its name to ‘International Conference on Internal Friction and Mechanical Spectroscopy, ICIFMS’ to incorporate the novel generic name ‘mechanical spectroscopy’. Conferences since then have been named ICIFMS, beginning in Kyoto (Japan, 2005), and continued in Perugia (Italy, 2008), Lausanne (Switzerland, 2011), Hefei (China, 2014) and Foz do Iguaçu (Brazil, 2017). The ICIFMS-19 conference will take place in Moscow in 2020.
- Development of fundamental internal friction theory and mechanism;
- Atom dynamics, diffusion and phase transformation;
- Surfaces, interfaces, thin films and nanostructured materials;
- Anelasticity characterization of functional and structural materials
- Ferroelectric and magnetic materials;
- Granular materials;
- Metals, alloys and intermetallic compounds;
- Quasicrystals, amorphous materials and liquids;
- Polymers and soft materials;
- Dynamical mechanical analysis;
- High damping materials and applications;
- Low damping, detection of gravitational waves;
- Development, design and potential applications of novel internal friction techniques.
The Conference program will consist of plenary lectures and invited lectures of the last significant discoveries and developments in all fields of mechanical spectroscopy and related fields. Abstracts submitted will be evaluated and assigned to the oral presentation and poster sessions. Selected papers presented at the Conference will be published in Journal of Alloys and Compounds.
During the Conference, the Zener Prize will be awarded for outstanding accomplishments or career in the field of anelasticity:
Chairman: Prof. Igor S. Golovin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official website of the Conference: http://icifms19.ru/