According to the plan of university activities in 2019, on
The Symposium is sponsored by Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation (in the framework of NUST MISIS competitivity increase roadmap for
Symposiums on SHS have a 28 years history and were held every two years,each time in a different country: USSR (Alma-Ata, 1991), USA (Hawaii, 1993), Китай (Wuhan, 1995), Spain (Toledo, 1997), Russia (Moscow, 1999), Israel (Haifa, 2001), Poland (Cracow, 2003), Italy (Cagliari, 2005), France (Dijon, 2007), Armenia (Erevan, 2009), Greece (Anavyssos, 2011),USA (Texas, 2013), Turkey (Antalia, 2015), Georgia (Tbilisi, 2017).
SHS-2019 official opening ceremony will be held 16 September at 10.00, in B3 auditorium in the main building (student entrance), located at Leninsky Prospect str, 4.
210 representatives from 18 countries will participate in SHS-2019, including 67 leading international scientists.
Plenary lections will be presented by:
- prof. Yoshinari Miyamoto, Osaka University, Japan.
- prof. Andrey Voevodin, Northern Texas University, USA.
- prof. Mikhail Alymov, Merzhanov Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- prof. Evgeniy Levashov, NUST “MISIS”, Russia.
The following thematic sections will be presented:
- combustion theory and modeling;
- kinetics and mechanism of chemical reactions and structural transformations;
- solution combustion synthesis;
- mechanically activated systems;
- SHS in thin films;
- Sintering, hybrid and additive technologies;
- refractory and ultra-high-temperature materials;
- functional materials for biological applications, catalysis, energy conversion, magnets, optics, and electronics;
- industrial applications.
The following round table discussions will be held:
- “Materials science and large “Megascience”-class scientific devices;
- “International dialogue on the ecological and general safety in mining and metallurgy”;
- “30 years anniversary of Scientific-Educational Center of SHS and evolution of its educational programs”.
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST) “MISIS”, Moscow, Russia.
- Merzhanov Institute of Structural Macrokinetics and Materials Science of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Chernogolovka, Russia.