Basic Information about the Center
The center was established in 2009 in the context of such top-priority area of research, as the rational use of natural resources technologies, based on the Interdepartmental Laboratory of Resource-Saving Minerals Processing Technologies that, in turn, was created as part of the national “Education” project. The center operates due to interaction of structural units of the institute — the Department of Minerals Preparation and the Laboratory of Technology Examination.
Activity of the Center
The primary areas of research of the Research Center of Resource-Saving Minerals Processing Technologies are listed below:
- developing ways of intensifying the basic enrichment processes: disintegration, gravitation, magnetic and electric separation, flotation;
- creating new resource-saving technologies of processing natural man-made minerals;
- developing dry preparation methods;
- developing preliminary preparation methods;
- developing resource-saving technologies of processing massive copper-zinc-gold ores;
- developing technologies of comprehensive utilization of iron-bearing man-induced raw materials, and
- developing ways of fine-grained gold recovery, and
- developing rational complexes of technological solutions for rational subsoil uses (increasing the depth of minerals processing, improving the quality of concentrates, reducing losses, optimizing technological processes) for specific facilities.