PhD in engineering, associate professor at the Department of Physical Metallurgy and Physics of Strength, associate professor with the relevant major
Construction materials for nuclear power; zirconium alloys; mechanical properties; crack resistance, microstructure; fracture mechanics.
Field of knowledge according to OECD
Materials science — characterization & testing (QF); metallurgy & metallurgical engineering (PZ).
2012 — present: associate professor at the Department of Physical Metallurgy and Physics of Strength, NUST MISIS.
PhD in engineering (NUST MISIS).
Engineer majoring in metal science and heat treatment of metals (NUST MISIS).
Economist majoring in finance and credit (NUST MISIS).
He is a co-executive director of research and development projects of the Federal Target Program, RFBR, enterprises of Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation and JSC TVEL, and has co-authored several patents and more than 25 articles indexed in WoS and Scopus journals.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 3.
Number of articles on Scopus — 27.
Scopus AuthorID: 57214013120.
- ISTC No. 3643p “Evaluation of resistance of 11T-SCM435 and 14T steels to hydrogen embrittlement under stress by the method of acoustic emission” (NISSAN Motor Co., Ltd)
- Federal Target Program — State Contract No. 02.516.11.6135. Development of a method for obtaining clad samples of vanadium alloy pipes on the topic: “Creation of radiation-resistant alloys based on vanadium and development of methods for their production for cladding of fuel elements of fast neutron reactors and hydrogen power plants” (2007).
- RFBR 08-03-00490-a “Comprehensive study of mechanisms and kinetics of stress corrosion cracking of zirconium alloys for cladding of fuel elements of nuclear reactors”
- State Contract (Rosatom) no. N4b. 45. 03. 09. 1216 dated June 11, 2009 on the topic “Comprehensive analysis of technical solutions and substantiation of measures to ensure projects of fast reactors of a new generation and the corresponding fuel cycle with construction materials for NSPP elements, incl. zones and fuel assemblies”
- RFBR 12-03- 31671 mol_a “Investigation of crack resistance of zirconium alloys E110 and E635 of various chemical compositions after exposure to high-temperature steam”
- Agreement No. 14.581.21.0009 on the provision of subsidy for “Development of scientific and technological foundations for strengthening and extending the service life of critical rolling stock elements to ensure the safety of Russian railways” (FTP “Research and development in priority areas of development of the scientific and technological complex of Russia for
- Agreement with JSC NIITFA No. 38/4565-D dated September 18, 2017 on the topic “Development of a multichannel system for tracking acoustic emission signals for thermal testing of elements and assemblies of thermionic converters” (under State Contract with Rosatom State Corporation No. D.4R.241.9 B.1006 of February 8, 2017 on the topic “Research, development of technologies and production of experimental samples of units and systems of converters of thermal energy into electricity. Stage of 2017”) (September 13 — November 1, 2017).
- Agreement with JSC Tyazhmash for the implementation of research work No. 039 /
19-503dated April 9, 2019 on the topic “Experimental assessment of the degree of degradation of mechanical properties of the base metal and welded joints of the material carcass of melt containment device and the guide plate after various modes of heat treatment” (2019-2020).
- S.A. Nikulin, V.G. Khanzhin, A.B. Rozhnov, A.V. Babukin, V.A. Belov. Аnalysis of crack resistance and quality of thin coatings by acoustic emission // Int. J. Microstructure and Materials Properties.—2006.—V. 1.—N 3/4.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, A.B. Rozhnov, V.A. Belov, N.V. Lyaschenko, A.V. Nikulina, A.V. Mal`gin. Influence of Structure Changes in E110 Alloy Claddings on Ductility Loss Under LOCA Conditions // Journal of ASTM International.—2008.—V. 5.—N 8.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, A.B. Rozhnov, V.A. Belov, E.V. Li, V.S. Glazkina. Influence of chemical composition of zirconium alloy E110 on embrittlement under LOCA conditions — Part 1: Oxidation kinetics and macrocharacteristics of structure and fracture // Journal of Nuclear Materials.—2011.—V. 418.—N 1-3.—P.
- Nikulin S.A., Khanzhin V.G., Rozhnov A.B., Belov V.A., Li E.V. Crack resistance of zirconium cladding pipes after high-temperature oxidation // Metal Science and Heat Treatment.—2013.—V. 55.—N 1-2.—P.
- V.A. Belov, A.V. Nikitin, V.I. Anikeenko, A.A. Armizonov, S.O. Rogachev. Fracture Toughness of As-Cast Freight Bogie Solebars after Volume—Surface Quenching // Russian Metallurgy (Metally).—2017. —V. 2017.—N. 10.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, V.M. Khatkevich, S.O. Rogachev, B.E. Bekkaliev, V.A. Belov. Long-Term Annealing Resistance of Ferritic Chromium Steels Subjected to High-Temperature Nitriding // Russian Metallurgy (Metally).—2019.—N. 4.—P.
- S.O. Rogachev, V.A. Belov, S.A. Nikulin, V.M. Khatkevich, A.V. Molyarov. Fracture Toughness of Ferritic Corrosion-Resistant Steel Subjected to High-Temperature Nitriding // Russian Metallurgy (Metally).—2020.—V. 2020.—N. 4.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, S.O. Rogachev, S.G. Vasil’ev, V.A. Belov, Yu.A. Nikolaev. Effect of High Temperatures on the Mechanical Properties of 09G2S Steel // Russian Metallurgy (Metally).—2021.—V. 2021.—N. 4.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, S.O. Rogachev, S.G. Vasil’ev, V.A. Belov, A.A. Komissarov. Effect of Long-Term Annealing on the Impact Toughness of 22K Steel // Russian Metallurgy (Metally).—2021.—V. 2021.—N. 4.—P.
- Andrey B. Rozhnov, Hannanh Alsheikh, Sergey A. Nikulin, Vladislav A. Belov, Elina V. Li, Maria V. Koteneva. Towards a better understanding of the oxide film growth mechanism in E110 zirconium alloy under high-temperature oxidation in steam // Corrosion Review.—2020. —V. 38.—N. 2.—P.
- S.A. Nikulin, A.B. Rozhnov, V.M. Khatkevich, S.O. Rogachev, V.A. Belov, T.A. Nechaykina “Method of internal nitriding of ferritic corrosion-resistant steel” (Patent for invention RU 2522922).
- S.A. Nikulin, A.B. Rozhnov, V.A. Belov, A.A. Frolov “Method of heat treatment of large-size cast parts of freight wagons” (Patent for invention RU 2631781).
- S.A. Nikulin, A.B. Rozhnov, A.V. Nikitin, V.A. Belov, V.Yu. Turilina “Method of acoustic-emission diagnostics of critical parts of freight wagons during operation” (Patent for invention RU 2667808).
- Metal science of welding (lectures, practical classes).
- Surface engineering (lectures, practical classes).
- Mechanical properties of solids (laboratory work).
- Physical foundations of deformation and destruction (practical classes).
- Modern methods of research of metallic materials (lectures).
- Thermomechanical processing (lectures).