The growth of perfect crystals, films, heterojunctions, structures with quantum wells, the study of electrical and optical properties, the study of defects.
Field of knowledge according to the OECD classifier
UB — Physics, applied. UK — Physics, condensed matter. IQ — Engineering, electrical & electronic. NS — Nanoscience & nanotechnology.
2014 — present: professor, head of the Laboratory of Wide-band Semiconductors and Devices, NUST MISIS.
2013 −2014: Chonbuk University, Republic of Korea.
2000: Boston University, USA — internship.
1982: PhD in engineering.
1973: graduated from MISIS.
A.Ya. Polyakov’s thesis was devoted to studies of close range ordering in Ge-Si solid solutions. He got his PhD degree from MISIS in 1982 for studies of radiation defects formation in InSb photodetectors.
For a long time, he worked at the Institute of Rare Metals (Giredmet) being involved in defects formation issues, creating new methods of studying electrical properties, features of heterojunctions, spectra of deep centers and their impacts on the properties of devices based on
Since 2014, he has been a professor at the Department of Semiconductor Electronics and Semiconductor Physics of NUST MISIS and head at the Laboratory of Wide-band Materials and Devices created under the Project
He has published more than 350 papers on various aspects of materials science and semiconductor physics, and authored numerous reviews, monographs and reports.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 40.
Number of articles on Scopus — 392.
Scopus AuthorID: 7201781048.
- K2-2014-055 “Wide-band semiconductors — B100 —
2014-2015”.Creation of the Wide-band Semiconductors Laboratory, publication of 33 articles, participation in 12 international conferences. A technological route for manufacturing GaAs-based heterostructures intended for manufacturing a matrix photodetector layout was developed and compiled.
- K2-2015-074 “Wide-band semiconductors and devices based thereon — B100 — 2016”. Publication of 16 articles, 7 speeches at international conferences. Automated methods for determining the threshold voltage drift in transistors and studying the pulse VAC and current and capacitance RSG spectra were developed. Methods for studying the spectra of deep traps in LED structures were developed.
- K2-2016-068 “Wide-band semiconductors and devices based thereon — B100 — 2017”. Publication of 19 articles, 4 speeches at international conferences. Investigation of the causes of degradation of various LED structures on gallium nitride and their relationship to the measured deep level spectra and noise spectra.
- K2-2017-086 “Wide-band semiconductor materials in electronics —
2018-2020”.Publication of 34 articles. Investigation of the effect of irradiation on the spectra of deep centers, electrical and recombination characteristics of epitaxial structures of β-Ga2O3. The study of the effect of the design of green GAN/InGaN MCS and their irradiation on the efficiency.
- Investigation of electrically active point and extended defects in a new wide-band semiconductor alpha-and beta- Ga2O3, heterostructures and membranes based thereon — Russian Science Foundation —
2019-2022.Publication of 8 articles, 3 speeches at international conferences. Successful experiments on chloride (halide) gas-phase heteroepitaxy of a- Ga2O3, a-(AlGa)2O3 layers of sufficiently high structural quality comparable to the results of MIST epitaxy of a- Ga2O3, a-(AlGa)2O3.
- K2-2020-011 “Investigation of defect states that affect the characteristics of devices based on gallium oxide, gallium nitride, perovskites — 2020”. Publication of 8 articles, investigation of the effect of mobile ions in perovskite-based solar cells on the kinetics of the capacitance, voltage, and current of solar cells, investigation of the deep-level spectra in MCN GaN structures with nanostoles, study of the relationship of the spectra of deep centers in crystals and β- Ga2O3 films with the measured values of diffusion lengths and photosensitivity.
- Polyakov A.Y., Lee I.-H. Deep traps in GaN-based structures as affecting the performance of GaN devices // Materials Science and Engineering R: Reports, 2015, volume 94, 28, IF =27,24.
- Lee I.-H., Jang L.-W., Polyakov A.Y. Performance enhancement of GaN-based light emitting diodes by the interaction with localized surface plasmons // Nano Energy, 2015, volume 13, IF=15, 46.
- Jang. L.-W., Jeon D.-Q., Kim M., Jeon J.-W., Polyakov A.Y., Ju J.-W., Lee S.-J., Baek J.-H., Yamg J.-K., Lee I.-H. Investigation of optical and structural stability of localized surface plasmon mediated light-emitting diodes by Ag and Ag/SiO2 nanoparticles // Advanced Functional Materials, 2012, Volume 22, issue 13, IF=14,58.
- Jang L.-W., Jeon D.-W., Chung T.-H., Polyakov A.Y., Cho H.-S., Yun J.-H., Ju I.-W., Baek J.-H., Choi J.-W., Lee I.-H. Facile fabrication of free-standing light emitting diode by combination of wet chemical etching // ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2014, volume 6, issue 2, IF=8,69.
- Polyakov A.Y., Pearton S.J., Frenzer P., Ren F., Liu L., Kim J. Radiation effects in GaN materials and devices // Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2013, volume 1, issue 5, IF=6,28.
- Kim J., Pearton S.J., Fares C., Yang J., Ren F., Kim S., Polyakov A.Y. Radiation Damage effects in Ga2O3 materials and devices // Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2019, volume 7, issue 1, IF=6,28.
- Polyakov A.Y., Smirnov N.B., Shchemerov I.V., Pearton S.J., Ren F., Chernykh A.V., Lagov P.B., Kulevoy T.V. Hole traps and persistent photocapacitance in proton irradiated β-Ga2O3 films doped with Si // APL Materials, 2018, volume 6, issue 9, IF=4,12.
- Polyakov A.Y., Smirnov N.B., Shchemerov I.V., Yakimov E.B., Nikolaev V.I., Stepanov S.I., Pechnikov A.I., Chernykh A.V., Shcherbachev K.D., Shikih A.S.., Kochkova A., Deep trap spectra of Sn-doped alpha-Ga2O3 grown by halide vapor phase epitaxy on sapphire // APL Materials, 2019, volume 7, issue 5, IF=4,12.
- Polyakov A.Y., Smirnov N.B., Shchemerov I.V., Saranin D.S., Le T.S., Didenko S.I., Kuxnetsov D.V., Agresti A., Pescetelli S., Matteocci F., Di Carlo A. Trap states in multication mesoscopic perovskite solar cells: A deep levels transient spectroscopy investigation // Applied Physics Letters, 2018, volume 113, issue 26, IF=3,58.
- Polyakov A.Y., Lee I.-H., Smirnov N.B., Yakimov E.B., Shchemerov I.V., Chernykh A.V., Kochkova A.I., Vasilev A.A., Carey P.H., Ren F., Smith D.J., Pearton S.J. Defects at the surface of β-Ga2O3 produced by Ar plasma exposure // Applied Physics Letters, 2018, volume 113, issue 26, IF=3,58.
- R.A. Zinoviev “Research of defects in GaN LEDs”, PhD in physics and mathematics, 2020.
- A.I. Kochkova “Research of electrical characteristics and spectra of deep centers in crystals and epitaxial Ga2O3 films”,
- L.A. Aleksanyan “Study of the spectra of deep centers in blue and green LEDs based on
III-Nitrides,their influence on the characteristics, nanostructuring effects”, 1-yearpostgraduate student.
NUST MISIS, Department of Semiconductor Electronics and Semiconductor Physics, field of study 11.04.04 “Electronics and nanoelectronics”, profile “Semiconductor energy converters”, course “Instrument structures on wide-band semiconductors”, 144 hours, autumn semester of the 2020/2021 academic year.
Reviewing articles for the leading journals, an invited editor of ECS JSST special issues on the problems of wide-band semiconductors.
The 31st International Conference on Defects in Semiconductors, the program committee.