Doctor of physics and mathematics, professor, head of the Laboratory of Laser-Ultrasonic Diagnostics of the Structure and Properties of Rocks and Heterogeneous Structural Materials
Powerful acoustic beams, self-impact of disruptive waves, self-focusing of ultrasonic beams, laser optoacoustics, laser-ultrasonic spectroscopy and tomography.
Field of knowledge according to the OECD classifier
2015: NUST MISIS.
Faculty of Physics, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Since the 80s of the XX century, he has been developing theoretical foundations and experimental research in the field of nonlinear acoustics and developing the foundations of laser-ultrasonic spectroscopy.
For those purposes, laser sources of powerful short pulses of elastic waves were developed (Lenin Komsomol Prize, 1984). Their use led to the possibility of studying the self-focusing and nonlinear interaction of acoustic beams (Lomonosov Prize, 1991).
Later, the principles of laser-ultrasonic diagnostics of the structure and properties of various materials were laid.
Recently, he has been paying special attention to measuring the parameters of supercritical states of various metals and alloys using laser generation of ultrasound and broadband ultrasonic spectroscopy of composite materials. During those studies, 8 PhDs in of physics and mathematics were trained, two of whom are currently working in the United States.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 27.
Number of articles on Scopus — 238.
- Bychkov, A.S., Cherepetskaya, E.B., Karabutov, A.A., Makarov, V.A. Laser optoacoustic tomography for the study of femtosecond laser filaments in air // Laser Physics Letters, vol. 13, issue 8, № 085401, 2016, doi: 10.1088/1612-2011/13/8/085401 (Impact Factor 2.537) Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous).
- Uryupina D.S., Bychkov A.S., Pushkarev D.V., Mitina E.V., Savel’Ev A.B., Kosareva O.G., Panov N.A., Karabutov A.A., Cherepetskaya E.B., Laser optoacoustic diagnostics of femtosecond filaments in air using wideband piezoelectric transducers, Laser Physics Letters, Vol. 13, Issue 9, № 095401, 2016.doi: 10.1088/1612-2011/13/9/095401 (Impact Factor 2.537). Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous).
- Bychkov A.S., Zarubin V.P., Karabutov A.A., Simonova V.A., Cherepetskaya E.B., On the use of an optoacoustic and laser ultrasonic imaging system for assessing peripheral intravenous access, Photoacoustics, Vol. 5, pp.
10-16,2017, doi: 10.1016/j.pacs.2017.01.002 (Impact Factor 2.81). Physics and Astronomy.
- Bychkov A.S., Cherepetskaya E.B., Karabutov, A.A., Makarov, V.A., Toroidal sensor arrays for real-time photoacoustic imaging, Journal of Biomedical Optics, Vol. 22, Issue 7, № 076003, 2017, doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.22.7.076003 (Impact Factor 2.367). Physics and Astronomy.
- N.B. Podymova, A.A. Karabutov. Combined effects of reinforcement fraction and porosity on ultrasonic velocity in SiC particulate aluminum alloy matrix composites // Composites Part B: Engineering, 2017, 113, p.138-143. doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.01.017(Impact Factor 4.78). Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science.
- Zarubin V., Bychkov A., Simonova V., Zhigarkov V., Karabutov A., Cherepetskaya E., A refraction-corrected tomographic algorithm for immersion laser-ultrasonic imaging of solids with piecewise linear sur-face profile, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 112, Issue 21, № 214102, 2018 doi: 10.1063/1.5030586 (Impact Factor 3.495) Materials Science.
- Potemkin F.V., Mareev E.I., Rumiantsev B.V., Bychkov A.S., Karabutov A.A., Cherepetskaya E.B., Makarov V.A., Two-dimensional photoacoustic imaging of femtosecond filament in water, Laser Physics Letters, Vol. 15, Issue 7, № 075403, 2018 doi: 10.1088/1612-202X/aabc99 (Impact Factor 2.24) . Physics and Astronomy (miscellaneous).
- Zarubin Vasily P., Yushkov Konstantin B., Chizhikov Alexander I., Makarov Oleg Yu, Molchanov Vla-dimir Ya, Tretiakov Sergey A., Kolesnikov Alexander I.,Cherepetskaya Elena B., Karabutov Alexander A, Laser-ultrasonic temperature mapping of an acousto-optic dispersive delay line, NDT and E International, 98, PP. 171-176(2018) doi: 10.1016/j.ndteint.2018.05.010 (Impact Factor 2.781) Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science (miscellaneous).
- Zarubin, V., Bychkov, A., Zhigarkov, V., Karabutov, A., Cherepetskaya, E, Model-based measurement of internal geometry of solid parts with sub-PSF accuracy using laser-ultrasonic imaging, NDT and E International 105, PP.
56-63,2019, doi: 10.1016/j.ndteint.2019.05.006 (Impact Factor 2.781) Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science (miscellaneous).
- Bychkov Anton, Simonova Varvara, Zarubin Vasily, Kudinov Igor, Cherepetskaya Elena, Karabutov Alexander, Toroidally focused sensor array for real-time laser-ultrasonic imaging: The first experimental study, Photoacoustics, 2020, vol. 17, p.. 100160, doi.org/10.1016/j.pacs.2019.100160 (Impact Factor 2.49) Physics and Astronomy.
2019 — Method for selecting parameters of retinal laser coagulation. Authors: Andrey Valentinovich Bolshunov, Vladimir Ivanovich Siplivy, Alesya Valerievna Ardamakova, Anatoly Aleksandrovich Fedorov, Andrey Viktorovich Larichev, Anton Pavlovich Lytkin, Aleksander Alekseevich Karabutov, Varvara Arkadyevna Simonova, Igor Aleksandrovich Kudinov; # 2700539, September 17.
2018 — Mmethod for determining the surface macrorelief and internal inclusions of an object and a device for its implementation. Authors: A.A. Karabutov, E.B. Cherepetskaya, V.P. Zarubin, E.A. Mironova, N.A. Morozov, I.A. Pavlov, I.A. Shibaev, I.E. Sas, A.S. Bychkov; # 307404238, June 5.
2018 — method of pulse-periodic laser-ultrasonic testing of solid materials and a device for its implementation. Authors: Aleksander Alekseevich Karabutov, Elena Borisovna Cherepetskaya, Anton Sergeevich Bychkov, Elena Aleksandrovna Mironova, Nikolay Andreevich Morozov, Pavel Nikolaevich Ivanov, Ivan Aleksandrovich Shibaev, Ivan Evgenievich Sas, Vasily Pavlovich Zarubin; # 2653123, May 7.
2017 — Method for monitoring the technical condition of the track. Authors: A.A. Karabutov, A.V. Vorotilkin, A.I. Krylov, I.P. Krylov, B.A. Levin, K.V. Lipa, A.F. Lesun, D.A. Okhotnikov, M.D. Slavinsky; # 2636827, November 28.
2011 — Method of laser OA tomography and device for its implementation options. Authors: A.A. Karabutov, V.A. Simonova; # 2486501, October 21.
2010 — Method for producing nanosized particles, nanostructuring, surface hardening and a device for its implementation.Authors: A.A. Karabutov, A.G. Kaptilny, A.Yu. Ivochkin; # 2417155, June 20.
2009 — Laser-ultrasonic flaw detector. Author: A.A. Karabutov; # 2381496, October 10.
2006 — Method for diagnosing heterogeneity of transparent materials and a device for its implementation. Authors: A.A. Karabutov, V.A. Makarov, S.A. Kovalenko, V.L. Shkuratnik, E.B. Cherepetskaya; # 2315992, May 10.
2006 — Method for obtaining powerful ultrasonic pulses and a device for its implementation. Authors: A.A. Karabutov, V.A. Makarov, V.L. Shkuratnik, E.B. Cherepetskaya; # 2308325, May 10.
2004 — Method of laser-acoustic control of solid materials and a device for its implementation. Authors: M.A. Belov, A.A. Karabutov, V.A. Makarov, V.L. Shkuratnik, E.B. Cherepetskaya;
# 2232983, July 20.
2021: intermediate certification in the “Laser optoacoustics” course, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Physics, compulsory, basic part, lectures, 72 hours.
2019: “Laser optoacoustics” course, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Physics, compulsory, optional part, lectures, 36 hours.
Participation in dissertation councils:
2017 — present: Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Physics, 05.27.03 — Quantum electronics (physics and mathematics).
2008 — present: D002.126.01, Institute of Problems of Laser and Information Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Membership in editorial boards:
2012 — present: Acoustic Journal, Science Publishing House (M.).
Membership in organizational and program committees:
2019: 20th International Conference on Photoacoustic and Photothermal Phenomena (ICPPP20). Deputy chairman of the organizational committee.
2014: XI European Conference on NDT. PC member.
2010: 2nd conference on laser ultrasonics. PC member.
2008: conference on laser ultrasonics. PC member.