Nanostructured thermoelectric materials, magnetic properties of alloys and compounds.
Field of knowledge according to the OECD classifier
1.03 UB Physics, Applied; 1.03 UK Physics, Condensed Matter; 2.05 PM Materials Science, Multidisciplinary.
2014: leading researcher at the Inorganic Nanomaterials Research Laboratory, NUST MISIS.
2011 — present: NUST MISIS, professor at the Department for Functional Nanosystems and High Temperature Materials.
2017: invited lecturer, Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) Program, (IIT Delhi (India).
2011: associate professor, NUST MISIS.
2010: doctor of physics and mathematics, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Physics.
2010: invited researcher, JSPS Long-term program for invited researcher, Tohoku University (Japan).
2008: invited professor, Tohoku Gakuin University (Japan).
2002: PhD in physics and mathematics, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Physics.
2002: Ph.D. in engineering (Tohoku University, Engineering Department, Sendai, Japan).
Features of the magnetocaloric effect in the vicinity of phase transitions of the 1st and 2nd order were investigated theoretically and experimentally.
Magnetic properties and phase transformations in magnetically ordered shape memory alloys were studied.
A wide range of semiconducting alloys and compounds were synthesized, and their thermoelectric properties were comprehensively studied.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 32.
Number of articles on Scopus — 203.
Scopus AuthorID: 10639803100.
- “Magnetic, transport, and galvanomagnetic properties of thin films and ribbons of new Heusler alloys for magnetic applications”, grant of the Russian Science Foundation,
- “Development of highly efficient thermoelectric materials for devices for direct conversion of thermal energy into electrical energy”, grant of Rosatom State Corporation,
- “Optimization of nanocomposite materials based on Heusler alloys for thermoelectric energy conversion”, RFBR grant,
- “Structure and properties of bulk nanocomposites based on matrixes of thermoelectric materials and magnetically ordered fillers”, grant of the Russian Science Foundation,
- V.V. Khovaylo, T.A. Korolkov, A.I. Voronin, M.V. Gorshenkov, A.T. Burkov, “Rapid preparation of InxCo4Sb12 with record-breaking ZT = 1.5: the role of In overfilling fraction limit and Sb overstoichiometry” Journal of Materials Chemistry A 5, 3541 (2017). DOI: 10.1039/c6ta09092c.
- K. Yusupov, S. Stumpf, S. You, A. Bogach, P.M. Martinez, A. Zakhidov, U.S. Schubert, V. Khovaylo, A. Vomiero, “Flexible thermoelectric polymer composites based on a carbon nanotubes forest” Advanced Functional Materials 28, 1801246 (2018). DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201801246.
- S. Taskaev, V. Khovaylo, D. Karpenkov, I. Radulov, M. Ulyanov, D. Bataev, A. Dyakonov, D. Gunderov, K. Skokov, O. Gutfleisch, “Plastically deformed Gd-X (X=Y, In, Zr, Ga, B) solid solutions for magnetocaloric regenerator of parallel plate geometry” Journal of Alloys and Compounds 754, 207 (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.04.264.
- V. Kholaylo, I. Tereshina, G. Politova, A. Karpenkov, S. Taskaev, T. Palewski, “Magnetostriction of Ferromagnetic Shape Memory Alloy Ni2.27Mn0.73Ga Studied in Magnetic Fields up to 10 T” Journal of Alloys and Compounds 741, 689 (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.01.175.
- A. Novitskii, G. Guélou, A. Voronin, T. Mori, V. Khovaylo, “Direct synthesis of p-type bulk BiCuSeO oxyselenides by reactive spark plasma sintering and related thermoelectric properties” Scripta Materialia 187, 317 (2020). DOI: 10.1016/j.scriptamat.2020.06.043.
- A. El-Khouly, A. Novitskii, I. Serhiienko, A. Kalugina, A. Sedegov, D. Karpenkov, A. Voronin, V. Khovaylo, A.M. Adam, “Optimizing the thermoelectric performance of FeVSb half-Heusler compound via Hf-Ti double doping” Journal of Power Sources 477, 228768 (2020) DOI: 10.1016/j.jpowsour.2020.228768.
- J.-D. Musah, C. Guo, A. Novitskii, I. Serhiienko, A.E. Adesina, V. Khovaylo, C.-M.L. Wu, J.A. Zapien, V.A.L. Roy, “Ultralow thermal conductivity in dual-doped n-type Bi2Te3 material for enhanced thermoelectric properties” Advanced Electronic Materials 7, 2000910 (2021) DOI: 10.1002/aelm.202000910.
Academic supervisor of five successfully defended PhD theses.
NUST MISIS, lecture course “Energy efficient materials and technologies” (since 2016); and
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (India), lecture course “Fundamental and practical aspects of Heusler alloys” (2018).
Member of the dissertation council MSU. 01.18 (Lomonosov Moscow State University).
Member of the Editorial Board of the “Nanotechnologies in Russia” journal.
Member of organizing committees:
- 8th International Conference on Material and Manufacturing Technology (ICMMT 2017), 2017, Singapore.
- 8th Forum on New Materials, Symposium FF — Magnetic Materials for Energy (CIMTEC-2018), 2018, Perugia, Italy.
- XVI Interstate Conference “Thermoelectrics and their applications” (ISCTA-2018) (2018, Saint Petersburg, Russia).
- XVII Interstate Conference “Thermoelectrics and their applications” (ISCTA-2021) (2021, Saint Petersburg, Russia).