Doctor of engineering, chair of the Foundry Department, member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS), corresponding member of the Quality Problems Academy of the Russian Federation, honorary worker of Russian higher professional education, honorary figure of Russian higher education
Study of the properties of molten metal, melting and casting technologies, crystallization processes of metals and alloys, technologies (including digital technologies) for the manufacture of cast parts from alloys based on non-ferrous metals
Field of knowledge according to OECD
2.05 (Material Technology); WoS PZ (Metallurgy and Metal Science).
2004 — present: chair of the Foundry Department.
1999: doctor of engineering.
1989: associate professor.
1981: PhD in engineering.
1973: MISIS, Foundry Department. Qualification: metallurgical engineer with the major of “Foundry of ferrous and nonferrous metals”.
1968: diploma with honors of the Kolchugino college for the processing of non-Ferrous metals.
The main area of scientific activity of V.D. Belov is aimed at developing technologies for the manufacture of cast parts from alloys based on non-ferrous and ferrous metals by various methods of shaping: casting in sand and metal molds, special types of casting.
The developed end-to-end technological chain for the manufacture of castings based on such 3D technologies, as modeling the composition of the alloy; design of castings with gating-feeding systems with subsequent modeling of the processes of filling mold cavities with melt and solidification of castings; design of casting molds for printing, model and rod equipment for manufacturing on CNC machines; quality control of castings (structure and mechanical properties of the alloy, geometry, flaw detection, etc.), allows to significantly reduce (manyfold) the time for preparation of their production and manufacture of “pilot”, prototypes to
New compositions of promising alloys based on magnesium, titanium and aluminum have been developed for use in various industries.
Innovative technologies have been introduced for the manufacture of large-sized, thin-walled castings (up to 2 meters) from alloys based on titanium and magnesium, lightweight blades from heat-resistant alloys for aircraft gas turbine engines at the organized production facilities of the United Engine Corporation (UEC).
Scopus Hirsch Index — 4.
Number of articles on Scopus — 43
Scopus AuthorID: 738994.
- R&D contract with Public Joint Stock Company Ilyushin Aviation Complex. Contract value: RUB 7,500,000. Project: “Development of prescriptive technological processes for assembling the fuselage of item 476 in terms of technological processes for the production of castings from aluminum and magnesium alloys based on an automated process design system”, 2006.
- Contract with JSC Aviatekhpriemka. Contract value: RUB 17,142,944. Project: “Development of technology and production of experimental castings from aluminum and magnesium alloys”,
- Contract with Management Company United Engine Corporation LLC. Contract value: RUB 12,500,000. Project: “Research to develop and substantiate proposals for programs for technological re-equipment of foundry and investment project management in order to reduce the production cycle and production cost of engines of the PS-90A family”,
- State Contract No. 14.527.12.0009 in the area of “Carrying out experimental design and experimental technological work on the project “Development and implementation of a new technology for the manufacture of turbine and compressor blades for promising gas turbine engines”. Contract value: RUB 147,000,000. The client is PJSC United Engine Corporation — Ufa Engine Industrial Association,
- Analytical departmental target program “Creation of principles for optimization of the phase composition of high-strength and heat-resistant alloys based on aluminum, titanium and titanium aluminides for obtaining parts for gas turbine engines of a new generation”, 2012-2014.Contract value: RUB 3,000,000.
- State Contract No. 13.G25.31.0047 dated September 7, 2010, 1st stage, contract value: RUB 100 million.Project: “Development and implementation of new generation foundry technologies for the creation of high-tech production for the manufacture of high-precision castings from aluminum, magnesium and titanium alloys for gas turbine engines”. The client is PJSC United Engine Corporation — Ufa Engine Industrial Association.Successfully completed in 2012.
- State Contract No. 02.G25.31.0009 dated November 21, 2012, 13rd stage, contract value: RUB 198 million.Project: “Development of technology for the production of highly loaded large-sized thin-walled parts from titanium alloys for aerospace turbine construction”. The client is PJSC United Engine Corporation — Ufa Engine Industrial Association. Successfully completed in 2015.
- State Contract No. 02.G25.31.0163 dated December 1, 2015, 6th stage, contract value: RUB 168 million.Project: “Development of a resource-efficient technology for manufacturing lightweight blades for promising gas turbine engines and oil and gas pumping stations”. High-temperature nickel alloy blades. Wall and inner cavity thickness up to 1 mm at length up to 200 mm. The client is PJSC United Engine Corporation — Ufa Engine Industrial Association.Successfully completed in 2018.
- State Contract No. 03.G25.31.0274 dated May 29, 2017, 9th stage, contract value: RUB 100 million.Project: “Creation of modern technology for the production of unique large-sized magnesium castings for industrial gas turbine engines of power plants and gas pumping stations in the conditions of an operating aircraft building enterprise, based on the use of national technologies and materials”. The client is PJSC United Engine Corporation — Kuznetsov. Successfully completed in 2019.
- State Contract No. 02.G25.31.0308 dated November 22, 2019, 11th stage, contract value: RUB 215 million.Project: “Development of technology for the production of unique cast parts from non-ferrous metal alloys for aircraft on the basis of digital technologies and the use of promising import-substituting materials in order to increase the competitiveness of the national aircraft industry”. The client is PJSC Aviation Corporation Rubin.The deliverables were set to show at the exhibitions “Army 2020”, “MetalExpo 2020” and “VUZPROMEXPO 202”, at which they were highly appreciated. To be completed in 2021.
- Effect of scrap using in charge on the structure and properties of ZHS6U nickel-based superalloy. Part 2. Analysis of the structure and phase composition of the ZhS6U alloy prepared with scrap / Koltygin A.V., Bazhenov V.E., Bazlov A.I., Bazlova T.A., Belov V.D. // Izvestiya. Ferrous Metallurgy. 2019.Vol. 62.No. 5.P.
- Effect of scrap using in charge on the structure and properties of ZHS6U nickel-based superalloy. Part 2. Macrostructure analysis and mechanical properties of ZHS6U prepared with scrap / Koltygin, A.V., Bazhenov, V.E., Bazlov, A.I., Bazlova, T.A., Belov, V.D. // Izvestiya. Ferrous Metallurgy, 2019, 62 (7), pp.
- Design of Mg-Zn-Si-Ca casting magnesium alloy with high thermal conductivity / Bazhenov, V.E., Koltygin, A.V., Sung, M.C., Belov, V.D., Malyutin, K.V. // Journal of Magnesium and Alloys, 2020, 8 (1), pp.
- Investigation of the Interfacial Heat Transfer Coefficient at the Metal — Mold Interface During Casting of an A356 Aluminum Alloy and AZ81 Magnesium Alloy into Steel and Graphite Molds / Bazhenov, V.E., Tselovalnik, Y.V., Koltygin, A.V., Belov, V.D. // International Journal of Metalcasting, 2021, 15 (2), pp.
- Training of specialists for foundry production / Belov VD, Sirotkin SA, Titov A.Yu. // Foundry of Russia. 2019. No. 10. P.
- Study of the influence of the mold material on the quality of castings from titanium alloys obtained by casting using modelless technology / Kachalov A.Yu., Belov V.D., Bazhenov V.E., Fadeev A.V. // Non-ferrous metals. 2019.No. 6.P.
- Investigation into the Surface Layer Composition Formed on the Ml19 (Mg — Nd — Y — Zn — Zr) Magnesium Alloy during Melting under Protective Gas Atmospheres / Bazhenov, VE, Koltygin, AV, Titov, AY, Rizhskiy, AA, Belov, VD // Russian Journal of Non-Ferrous Metals, 2019, 60 (6), pp.
- Study of the composition of captives formed on the surface of the ML19 magnesium alloy during melting in protective gas atmospheres / Bazhenov V.E., Koltygin A.V., Titov A.Yu., Rizhsky A.A., Belov V.D. // Izvestiya. Non-ferrous metallurgy. 2019. No. 5.P.
- Simulation and Experimental Validation of A356 and AZ91 Alloy Fluidity in a Graphite Mold / Bazhenov, V.E., Petrova, A.V., Rizhsky, A.A., Sannikov, A.V., Belov, V.D. // International Journal of Metalcasting, 2021, 15 (1), pp.
- Quantitative analysis of the phase composition of the Ti — Al — Mo — V — Zr system as applied to the VT20L casting titanium alloy / Belov N.A., Beltyukova S.O., Belov V.D., Alimzhanova A.M. // Metallurgy and heat treatment of metals. 2016. No. 3 (729). S.
- A method of manufacturing the graphite mold for producing castings from heat-resistant and chemically active alloys // Patent RF2607073S2 publ. 10.01.2017, bul. № 1 / Belov V.D., Fadeev A.V., Bazhenov V.E., Koltygin A.V. Nikitina A.A.
- Foundry mold for centrifugal casting of large-sized shaped castings of complex shape from heat-resistant and chemically active alloys // Patent RF2585604S1 publ. 09.12.2016, bul. No. 15 / Fadeev A.V., Belov V.D., Koltygin A.V., Bazhenov V.E.
- Cast magnesium alloy based on the Mg-Al-Ca-Mn system // Know-how No. 25-004- 2014 OIS, reg. 10.21.2014 / Koltygin A.V., Belov V.D., Bazhenov V.E., Nikitina A.A.
- A method of obtaining alloys based on titanium // Patent RF2515411S1 publ. 05/10/2014, bul. No. 13 / Alikin P.V., Fadeev A.V., Belov V.D., Pavlinich S.V.
- Method of producing castings of alloys based on gamma titanium aluminide // Pat. RU2523049C1, publ. July 20, 2014, (RF patent application No. 2013129491 dated June 28, 2013) / Belov V.D., Alabin A.N., Pogozhev Yu.S., Levashov E.A., Belov N.A., Fadeev A.V., Timofeev A.N.
- Gating system for pouring blades made of high-temperature alloys for a gas turbine engine into molds made by an automated method. RU2644868C1, publ. 02/14/2018, / Belov V.D., Nikiforov P.N., Alikin P.V., Deev V.B., Bazhenov V.E., Pavlinich S.P., Fadeev A.V.
- A method of manufacturing cast intermetallic blades of gas turbine aircraft engines in reusable molds // Know-how No. 15-668- 2018 OIS, reg. 11/22/2018 / Belov V.D., Fadeev A.V., Bazhenov V.E., Koltygin A.V., Bazlov A.I.
- Cast magnesium alloy // Patent No. 2687359, publ. 05/13/2019, Bul. No. 14 / Koltygin A.V., Bazhenov V.E., Belov V.D., Matveev S.V.
- Method of manufacturing ceramic molds for investment casting // Patent No. 2697678, publ. 08/16/2019, Bul. No. 23 / Belov V.D., Fadeev A.V., Folomeykin Yu.I., Koltygin A.V., Nikiforov P.N., Alikin P.V.
- Method of manufacturing ceramic melting crucibles / Belov V.D., Koltygin A.V., Fadeev A.V., Folomeykin Yu.I., Klevchenkov M.G., Ilyushin A.V., Nikiforov P.N., Alikin P.V., Bazhenov V.E. // RF Patent No. RU 2713049 C1, publ. 02/03/2020, Bul. No. 4. — 11 p.
- Guseva V.V. “The influence of impurities on the crystallization process and the structure of hypereutectic silumins and the development of technology for melting piston alloys” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 1993.
- Palachev V.V. “Development and research of technology for refining aluminum alloys by blowing gases with a high flow rate” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 1994.
- T.V. Kulikova “Influence of cerium and ferrophosphorus on the structure and properties of hypereutectic silumins and the development of a technology for complex processing of piston alloys” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 1996.
- Glotova L.V. “Management of the formation of the structure hypereutectic silumins and the development of technology for obtaining pistons with a high level of operational characteristics. thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 1999.
- Kiryanova V.V. “Improving the quality of silumins, obtained on the basis of low-grade charge, for the manufacture of critical castings” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS 2001.
- Semenov V.A. “Investigation of the processes of preparation of Al-Si and Al-Mg melts from low-grade charge and development of technology for producing critical castings from them” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2005.
- Selivanov A.A. “The influence of phosphorus and cerium on the structure eutectic silumin AK12MMgN and development technology of manufacturing pistons from it for automobile engines” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2006.
- Dashkevich N.I. “Investigation of the phase composition and development of a new technology for the preparation of multicomponent alloys based on titanium aluminides in order to obtain shaped castings with a given set of service properties” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2018.
- Dissertations in the Technosphere: http://tekhnosfera.com/razrabotka-i-issledovanie-tehnologii-rafinirovaniya-alyuminievyh-splavov-produvkoy-gazami-s-vysokoy-skorostyu-istecheniya#ixzz6ukfeKq8L
- Farmanov A.K. “The influence of low-melting impurities on the structure, phase composition and mechanical properties of the CuZn30 (L70) alloy in the manufacture of thin-sheet rolled products from it”. thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Tashkent, 2007.
- Drokina V.V. “Investigation of conditions for solidification of aluminum castings in molds made by three-dimensional printing with the aim of using RP-technologies in the production of critical parts”. thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2011.
- Filippova I.A. “Research and development of modifiers hardened from a liquid state, and technology for modifying hypoeutectic silumins in order to obtain high-quality castings for transport engineering.” thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2011.
- Gerasimenko E.A. “Analysis of the structure and development of technology for producing cast billets from bronze BrO10S2N3 for the purpose of manufacturing critical items from them”. thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2014.
- Nguyen K.H. “The influence of microstructural phosphorus-containing ligatures on the structure and properties of hypereutectic silumins and the development of technology for their melting and casting for the manufacture of pistons”. thesis for a Candidate Degree in Technical Science, Moscow: MISiS, 2019.
The experience of teaching and scientific supervision not only in MISIS is indicated.
Chairman of the section “Foundry technologies” of the federal educational and methodological association in the field of higher education according to UGSN 22.00.00 Technologies of materials.
Chairman of the Expert Council for specialties 05.16.02 — Metallurgy of ferrous, non-ferrous and rare metals (technical sciences), 05.16.04 — Foundry (technical sciences), 05.16.07 — Metallurgy of technogenic and secondary resources (technical sciences).
Full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS) in the Mining and Metallurgical Section.
Member of the NUST MISIS scientific and technical council, member of the NUST MISIS joint dissertation council.
Member of the editorial boards of the following journals: News of universities. Ferrous metallurgy“, “Foundry worker of Russia” and “Science-intensive technologies in mechanical engineering”.
Member of the Program Committee of the International Conference “Technology” (Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava).
Russian Gazette, November 17, 2007, federal issue No. 0(4521) “Iron flow”.
Polit.ru, “MISIS has demonstrated innovative works”, December 29, 2013.