PhD in Engineering, leading researcher, associate professor at the Department of Metal Pressure Treatment
- Кабинет Г139
Metallic biomaterials, titanium shape memory alloys, thermomechanical processing, metal pressure treatment, powder metallurgy, additive technologies, structure, mechanical properties.
Field of knowledge according to the OECD classifier
2.05 Materials engineering, PZ Metallurgy & Metallurgical Engineering.
2010 — present: NUST MISIS. Engineer, leading Engineer, researcher, senior researcher, leading researcher, associate professor.
2016 and 2018: ETS (Ecole de Technologie Superieure, Montreal, Canada). Invited scientist.
2015: PhD in engineering. Majors: metals science and heat treatment of metals and allows.
2011: master of engineering and technology, field of study: metallurgy, major: metal pressure treatment, NUST MISIS.
2009: bachelor of engineering and technology, NUST MISIS.
Continuing education at the Ecole de Technologie Superieure, Montreal, Canada.
The main results of his academic activities are related to the development of technological basics for the creation of superelastic titanium-based allows for highly biocompatible bone implants.
As a result, the composition of the Ti-Zr-Nb alloy: 18% of zirconium and 14...15% of niobium (in at.%) was developed and experimentally substantiated. This composition demonstrates the best complex of functional properties: high crystallographic resource of reversible deformation (6 %), superelastic behavior at the temperature of the human body and high resistance to corrosion. The technological basics of melting high-quality ingots from alloys based on the Ti-Zr-Nb system of large weight (over 10 kg) for industrial application by vacuum melting methods were developed.
The technological basics were developed, and the modes of thermomechanical treatment of alloy ingots based on the Ti-Zr-Nb system of large weight for obtaining semi-products in the form of rod and sheet bars with the best complex of properties providing for high biocompatibility were determined. Thermomechanical treatment covers a combination of progressive methods of metal pressure processing (longitudinal and radial-displacement rolling, rotary forging) as instruments of plastic deformation of solid material in combination with a thermal impact.
The technological basics for obtaining permeable porous materials from alloys based on the Ti-Zr-Nb system using methods of traditional powder metallurgy (removable pore former method) were developed. The materials obtained that have the effective porosity of
The development of the fundamentals for technologies of melting, thermomechanical treatment and powder metallurgy of Ti-Zr-Nb alloys includes comprehensive studies of the structural and phase state of the material, its mechanical and functional properties and corrosion-electrochemical behavior with the use of modern methods of research and tests of metallic biomaterials. Based on integrated studies of the structure and properties, the most appropriate methods of materials treatment were determined.
Regularities of the formation in the material of the structure encouraging its superelastic behavior resulting from the thermomechanical treatment that includes a cold deformation by rolling and post-deformation annealing were examined; special aspects of the impact of the structure on functional features of the Ti-Nb system alloys were established; and the correlation between the structure of austenite and the stability of mechanical (superelastic) behavior of Ti-Nb-Ta and Ti-Nb-Zr alloys in the course of comprehensive thermomechanical tests was discovered.
Regularities of mechanical behavior of the nickel-free shape memory Ti-22Nb-6Zr (at.%) alloy in the conditions of mechano-cycling with deformations in the elastic (with the εс amplitude of <0.3%) and superelastic (εс≥0.3%) areas were established. The maximum longevity in the elastic deformation area is demonstrated by the materials with the structure of strong residual deformation cold working. The maximum longevity in the superelastic deformation area is demonstrated by the materials with polygonizing (nanosubgrained) substructure of strong residual deformation cold working, whose advantage is increased as the deformation amplitude grows.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 9.
Number of articles on Scopus — 39.
ORCID: 0000-0002-2086- 0628.
Scopus AuthorID: 55601865800.
- RFBR grant “Researching the impact of the structural state of the Ti-Zr-Nb alloy resulting from the thermomechanical treatment on functional and mechanical properties”,
2018-2019(supervisor — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- RSF grant “Development of technological basics of obtaining highly biocompatible bone implants from superelastic Ti-Zr-Nb alloys using combined thermomechanical treatment methods”,
2018-2020(supervisor — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- Economic agreement with KONMET LLC “Obtaining and studying alloy semi-finished products based on Ti-Zr-Nb in the form of rods and powder intended for the manufacturing of surgical implants”,
2020-2021(supervisor — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- Grant Council of the Russian President “Development of technological basics of creating solid, porous and personalized bone implants of the new generation from superelastic Ti-Zr-Nb alloys using thermomechanical treatment and selective laser melting methods”,
2020-2021(supervisor — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- RSF grant “Development of scientific and technological basics of managing the structural and phased state and functional properties of biomedical Ti-Zr-Nb shape memory alloys using selective laser melting and heat treatment methods”,
2020-2022(supervisor — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- Federal Target Program 14.575.21.0158 “Development of technologies of creating intrabone implants with a polymer coating based on superelastic titanium alloys”. Project period: September 26, 2017 — June 30, 2020 (principal investigator — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- Agreement No. 118/20-D with Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution for Higher Education St. Petersburg Polytechnic University “Development and materials engineering justification of the creation of materials and items based on shape memory alloys with a managed structure from piezoelectric ceramics with the use of additive 4D technologies. Stage of the year 2020”, 2020 (principal investigator — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- RFBR grant “Investigation of the features of transformations under stress and their implementation in the functional properties of nanostructured shape memory alloys based on Ti-Ni and Ti-Zr for medical structures”,
2018-2020(investigator — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- RSF grant “Nanostructured superelastic Ti-Zr-Nb alloys for bone implants with an increased biocompatibility achieved through the plasma electrolytic oxidation of the surface”, 2020 —2022 (principal investigator — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- State assignment of the Russian Ministry of Science and Higher Education No. 075-00268-20-02 dated March 12, 2020 “Scientific basics of creating high-technology ultra-finely grained materials based on light metals with improved mechanical properties and heterogeneous structure of a composite and duplex type” (investigator — V.A. Sheremetyev).
- V. Sheremetyev, S. Dubinskiy, M. A. Iqbal, K. Lukashevich, S. Prokoshkin, V. Brailovski. Effect of Dynamic Chemical Etching on the Pore Structure, Permeability, and Mechanical Properties of Ti-Nb-Zr Scaffolds for Medical Applications. Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering. 2021, 143(5): 051004. (Q1)
- Anatolie Timercan, Vadim Sheremetyev & Vladimir Brailovski. Mechanical properties and fluid permeability of gyroid and diamond lattice structures for intervertebral devices: functional requirements and comparative analysis. Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, 2021 22:1,
285-300,DOI: 10.1080/14686996.2021.1907222 (Q1)
- Brailovski, V.; Kalinicheva, V.; Letenneur, M.; Lukashevich, K.; Sheremetyev, V.; Prokoshkin, S. Control of Density and Grain Structure of a Laser Powder Bed-Fused Superelastic Ti-18Zr-14Nb Alloy: Simulation-Driven Process Mapping. Metals 2020, 10, 1697. (Q1)
- Kudryashova, V. Sheremetyev, K. Lukashevich, V. Cheverikina, K. Inaekyan, S. Galkin, S. Prokoshkin, V. Brailovski. Effect of a combined thermomechanical treatment on the microstructure, texture and superelastic properties of Ti-18Zr-14Nb alloy for orthopedic implants. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2020, v. 843, 156066. (Q1)
- Vadim Sheremetyev, Mikhail Petrzhik, Yulia Zhukova, Alibek Kazakbiev, Anastasia Arkhipova, Mikhail Moisenovich, Sergey Prokoshkin, Vladimir Brailovski, Structural, physical, chemical, and biological surface characterization of thermomechanically treated Ti-Nb-based alloys for bone implants. J Biomed Mater Res. B 2020, 108(3) pp.
- Sergey Prokoshkin, Sergey Dubinskiy, Andrey Korotitskiy, Anton Konopatsky, Vadim Sheremetyev, Igor Shchetinin, Alexander Glezer, Vladimir Brailovski, Nanostructure features and stress-induced transformation mechanisms in extremely fine-grained titanium nickelide. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2019, v. 779, p.
- A.Kreitcberg, V.Sheremetyev, M. Tsaturyants, V.Brailovski, S.Prokoshkin. Optimization of Post-processing Annealing Conditions of the Laser Powder Bed-Fused Ti—18Zr—14Nb Shape Memory Alloy: Structure and Functional Properties. Shape Memory and Superelasticity, 2019, v. 5(2), p.
- V.Sheremetyev, A.Kudryashova, V.Cheverikin, A.Korotitskiy, S.Galkin, S.Prokoshkin, V.Brailovski. Hot radial shear rolling and rotary forging of metastable beta Ti-18Zr-14Nb (at. %) alloy for bone implants: Microstructure, texture and functional properties. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2019, v.800, p.
- V.Sheremetyev, A.Kudryashova, S.Dubinskiy, S.Galkin, S.Prokoshkin, V.Brailovski. Structure and functional properties of metastable beta Ti-18Zr-14Nb (at.%) alloy for biomedical applications subjected to radial shear rolling and thermomechanical treatment. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2018, v. 737, p.
- V.Sheremetyev, V.Brailovski, S.Prokoshkin, K.Inaekyan, S.Dubinskiy. Functional fatigue behavior of superelastic beta Ti-22Nb-6Zr(at%) alloy for load-bearing biomedical applications. Materials Science and Engineering C, 2016, v. 58, p.
- V.A. Sheremetyev, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy, Yu.S. Zhukova, S.M. Dubinskiy “Device for the dynamic chemical pickling of sintered metallic foam materials and for the determination of their permeability of liquids”. Russian patent application No. 2016150739, published on September 26, 2017 in Bulletin No. 27, Russian patent No. 2631782, registration date — September 26, 2017.
- V.A. Sheremetyev, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy, Yu.S. Zhukova, S.M. Dubinskiy “Case for the dynamic chemical pickling of sintered metallic foam materials in the form of pipe and determination of their permeability of liquids”. Russian patent application No. 180256, December 27, 2017.
- V.A. Sheremetyev, A.A. Kudryashova, S.P. Galkin, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy “Method of obtaining rods from superelastic alloys of the titanium-zirconium-niobium system”. Russian patent application No. 2018146145, published on June 19, 2019 in Bulletin No. 17, Russian patent No. 2692003, registration date — June 19, 2019.
- V.A. Sheremetyev, S.M. Dubinskiy, A.M. Kazakbiev, K.E. Lukashevich, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy “Method of obtaining a permeable foam material from superelastic alloys of the titanium-zirconium-niobium system”. Russian patent application No. 2018146143, published on May 13, 2019 in Bulletin No. 14, Russian patent No. 2687352, registration date — May 13, 2019.
- A.S. Konopatskiy, S.M. Dubinskiy, V.A. Sheremetyev, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy “Titanium-based alloy and method of its treatment for the creation of intrabone implants with an increased biomechanical compatibility with bone tissue”. Russian patent application No. 2019144508, published on March 17, 2020 in Bulletin No. 8, Russian patent No. 2716928, registration date — March 17, 2020.
- V.A. Sheremetyev, A.A. Kudryashova, S.P. Galkin, S.D. Prokoshkin, V.I. Brailovskiy “Method of the screw rolling of titanium-zirconium-niobium system alloys”. Russian patent application No. 2019144507, published on March 25, 2020 in Bulletin No. 9, Russian patent No. 2717765, registration date — March 25, 2020.
Two PhD theses and five master’s theses.
- Materials science (seminars, bachelor’s program, NUST MISIS).
- Shape memory alloys (seminars, master’s program, NUST MISIS).
- Metallic biomaterials (lectures/seminars, iPhD, NUST MISIS).
- Teaching practice (postgraduate studies, NUST MISIS).
- State final examination in materials engineering (postgraduate studies, NUST MISIS).
- Mechanical properties of metals, parts 1 and 2 (lectures/seminars, bachelor’s program, Vyksun’ branch of NUST MISIS).