Doctor of engineering, professor at the Department of Mining Equipment, Transport and Machine Engineering
Transport systems of mining enterprises.
Field of knowledge according to OECD
Transport systems and technologies.
1972 — present: assistant, associate professor, professor, MSU, Moscow State Humanitarian University, NUST MISIS.
2000: doctor of engineering.
1974: PhD in engineering.
1968: mining mechanical engineer, Moscow Mining Institute.
Scopus Hirsch Index — 2.
Number of articles on Scopus — 8.
- V.I. Galkin, E.E. Shehko “Substantiation of the operational parameters of the sandwich belt high angle conveyors with due regard forstrain deformed state of belts”, Applied Mechanics and Materials. Vol.806.16.-2015.-11., Trans Tech Publications. Switzerland. P.16-22.
- V.I. Galkin, E.E. Sheshko, E.S. Sazankova “The influence of the types and characteristics of belts on the operational parameters of special belt conveyors.”, Mining Journal — 2015. — No. 8, pp.
- V.I. Galkin, E.E. Sheshko “On the issue of substantiation of the basic design parameters of steeply inclined conveyors with a clamping belt”, Mining Journal-2016.-№ 12, pp.
- V.I. Galkin, E.E. Sheshko “Formation and development of the scientific school of mountain transport”, Mining Journal-2018- No. 2, pp.
- V.I. Galkin, E.E. Sheshko, V.P. Dyachenko “Justification of the design parameters of curved sections of belt conveyors for the mining industry”, Mining Journal-2018- No. 12, pp.
- V.I. Galkin “Assessment of systems for monitoring the condition of conveyor belts for the mining industry”, Mining information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). — 2019. — No. 3, pp.
- V.I. Galkin “A new type of RopeCon® belt conveyors, reality and prospects. Analysis of design and operational parameters of special belt conveyors with suspension on ropes”, Mining information and analytical bulletin (scientific and technical journal). — 2019. — No. 6, pp.
- V.I. Galkin “Expanding the scope of tubular belt conveyors due to constructive innovative solutions”, Mining Journal-2020-№ 5, pp.
- V.I. Galkin, A.P. Grishko. A.M. Makhotkin. “Mining single-line hoisting plant”. Patent 2430395, Russian Federation, IPC В66В15/00; IPC В66В17/02. Applicant and patentholder — Federal General Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education Moscow State Mining University (RU) — No. 2011106818/11; application submitted on 02/24/2011; published on 04/27/2013, 5 pages.
He taught and released 8 postgraduates.
I.V. Shutkin. “Evaluation of durability of fabric-ply belts during their shock-fatigue and absasion wear at mining enterprises”, 2000.
A.A. Bogdanov. “Reliability of loading hubs at coalpit belt conveyors”, 2002.
A.N. Vasiliev. “Setting parameters and regimes for loading the main structure of shaft portable press vulcanizers”, 2004.
S.V. Gromov. “Development of a method to calculate distributed resistances to movements of the pulling body of the spatial route tubular drag-type conveyor”, 2006.
A.Sh. Seyed (Iran). “Substantiation of rational parameters of carrying rollers for linear sections of powerful belt conveyors at mining enterprises”, 2009.
V.A. Rasskazov. “Forecasting reliability indicators of heavy-capacity trucks in the conditions of deep open-pit mines”, 2010.
E.S. Sazankova. “Substantiation of belt conveyor parameters for rock mass transportation through the spatial curved route with reference to start operation modes”, 2012.
A.M. Makhotkin. “Substantiation of parameters of main rope unloading systems in reconstruction of shaft hoisters”, 2013.
1972 — present: assistant, associate professor, professor, MSU, Moscow State Humanitarian University, NUST MISIS.Courses:
- “Transport systems of mining enterprises”, underground transport, 4 credits;
- “Designing transport systems”, 5 credits;
- “Transport logistics of mining enterprises”, 3 credits;
- “Automated transport systems”, 3 credits; and
- “Pipeline transport”, 3 credits.
- Scientific and social activities
- Member of the dissertation council, NUST MISIS.
- Member of the editorial board, Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin.