Academic Degrees: Ph.D., Central Scientific Research Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy
English level: Advanced
22.06.01 — Technology of materials
Supervisor’s research interests
Phase transitions, anelasticity, mechanical spectroscopy, internal friction, in situ neutron diffraction, mechanisms of relaxation in solids: crystals, ultrafine grained crystals, hidamets, cellular metallic materials, intermetallics, functional alloys.
List of research projects
19-72-20080Heterogeneous structural states in Fe-based alloys with magneto-mechanical coupling: correlation between physical and engineering properties.
18-58-53032Development of physical bases for the creation of functional alloys based on the Fe-Ga system.
18-58-52007Phase Transformations as a Tool for Forming the Functional Properties of Iron Alloys with Magnetomechanical Interaction (Fe-Al, Fe-Ga) and without It (Fe-Mn).
18-02-00325Coherent cluster ordering of atoms in iron-based intermetallics.
List of possible research topics
The structure and properties of functional and model alloys with high magnetostriction, high damping ability, prone to ordering or delamination, etc.
Supervisor’s specific requirements:
- A great desire to work, the ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Higher education and knowledge in metal science or physics of metals.
- Fluent English, both oral and writing skills. Knowledge of Greek is an added benefit.
- Computer skills.
- Research work is carried out on the basis of two centers and at the junction of two directions, using the advantages of each of them: metal science (NUST MISIS) and solid state physics (JINR, Dubna).
- Over the decades, extensive contacts with scientists from different countries: Germany, Switzerland, Spain, China, etc.
- High publication activity. Experience of working with foreign graduate students from China, Egypt, Iran.
- A.M. Balagurov, N. Samoylova, I.A. Bobrikov, S.V. Sumnikov, I.S. Golovin. The first- and second-order isothermal phase transitions in Fe3Ga-type compounds. Acta Cryst. B, vol 75 (2019) 1024-1033
- A.M. Balagurov, I.A. Bobrikov, S.V. Sumnikov, I.S. Golovin. Antiphase domains or dispersed clusters? Neutron diffraction study of coherent atomic ordering in Fe3Al-type alloys. Acta Materialia 153 (2018)
- V.V. Palacheva, A. Emdadi, F. Emeis, I.A. Bobrikov, A.M. Balagurov, S.V. Divinski, G. Wilde, I.S. Golovin. Phase transitions as a tool for tailoring magnetostriction in intrinsic Fe-Ga composites. Acta Materialia 130 (2017)
- I.S. Golovin, А.M. Balagurov, V.V. Palacheva, I.A. Bobrikov, V.B Zlokazov. In-situ neutron diffraction study of bulk phase transitions in Fe-27Ga alloys. Materials and Design, 98 (2016)
- S.V. Divinski, G. Reglitz, I.S. Golovin, M. Peterlechner, R. Lapovok, Yu. Estrin, G. Wilde. Effect of heat treatment on diffusion, internal friction, microstructure and mechanical properties of ultrafine grained nickel severely deformed by equal channel angular pressing. Acta Materialia 82 (2015)