In accordance with the law, foreign students studying at Russian universities are exempt from obtaining a work permit for them if they:
- work during the holidays
- work in free time at the universities where they are studying.
Students from the States of the Eurasian economic Union (Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan) do not need a work permit.
In another cases, foreign students, full-time students in the Russian University can independently apply to the bodies of the Ministry of internal Affairs (MVD) for a work permit. To do this, you must provide the following documents:
- Application (649.2 KB)
- Notarized copy of passport
- Migration card, registration
- Copy of migration card, copy of registration
- Reference from the educational part (I am a student)
- Employment contract (unsigned)
- State duty — 3 500 rubles
- Health certificate (General)
- Certificate of absence of dangerous diseases (HIV, etc.))
- Digital photo
- Certificate of training of a foreign citizen in the professional education program
Prohibition for foreign senior- accountants
The law on the legal status of foreign citizens also introduced an important amendment prohibiting foreigners from holding the position of chief accountant or other position related to accounting of a Russian company. Only foreigners with a residence permit or a temporary residence permit can keep accounts of the enterprise. Please consider this information in your work.
The employer is obliged to notify the territorial body of the Ministry of internal Affairs and the employment service in the relevant subject of the Russian Federation, on the conclusion and termination of employment contracts with foreign students, as well as on the provision of unpaid for more than 1 calendar month during the year (paragraph 18 of article 13.4 of the Law). Thus the foreign student has no right to carry out labor activity outside the subject of the Russian Federation.(point 20 of article 13.4 of the Law).
Accordingly, if a foreign worker is trained in professional educational organizations and educational institutions of higher education, with a student visa, he has the right to carry out work in his free time, or during the holidays, while he does not need to obtain a work permit. The list of institutions where students can work in their free time. At the same time, the list of organizations where students have the right to work during the holidays is not limited (subparagraph 6 of paragraph 4 of article 13 of the Federal law “on the legal status of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation”).
What are the conditions of employment of foreign students at the University?
Employment of foreign students in NUST “MISIS” is carried out in the General order, without restrictions in accordance with the labor legislation of the Russian Federation, as well as citizens of the Russian Federation in the case of compliance with the above migration requirements by the employee. For up-to-date information on the availability of vacancies, you can contact the personnel Department. If a foreign student will work in the structural unit of the University, it is not necessary to issue a work permit. As well as the University does not need to obtain permission to attract and use foreign workers.
When applying for a job, a foreign student must present the following documents to the employer:
- passport or other identity document;
- employment record;
- insurance certificate of compulsory pension insurance;
- the agreement (policy) of voluntary medical insurance operating in the territory of the Russian Federation (except for cases if the employer signs with the medical organization the agreement on providing paid medical services to the worker-the foreigner);
- the conclusion about passing of preliminary medical examination (at acceptance of the students who have not reached age of 18 years, and also in other cases provided by the legislation of the Russian Federation);
- document on education and / or qualification or availability of special knowledge (when applying for a job that requires special knowledge or training);
- a certificate of the presence (absence) of a criminal record and/or the fact of criminal prosecution or the termination of criminal prosecution on rehabilitating grounds, issued in the manner and in the prescribed form (upon admission of a student to work related to activities to which persons who have or have had a criminal record, subjected to or subjected to criminal prosecution are not allowed).
If the employment contract is concluded for the first time, the employer shall draw up the employment record book and the insurance certificate of compulsory pension insurance.
With regard to the documents of the military account, according to the General rule coming the alien does not present to the employer documents of the military account, except for the cases established by Federal laws or international treaties of the Russian Federation, decrees of the President of the Russian Federation, resolutions of the Government of the Russian Federation (part 3 article 327.3). We have not been able to find relevant legal acts and international treaties. Therefore, it is not necessary to demand documents of the military account from the students applying for work-foreigners.
What are the conditions of employment of foreign students who are students of preparatory departments of the University?
Students of preparatory departments can be considered as students of the educational organization of higher education. Therefore, they are subject to a simplified procedure for employment in the University, that is, without registration of permits.
According to article 2 of the Federal law of 29.12.2012 №
Based on the above, the student can be considered a person studying at the preparatory Department of the educational organization of higher education.
What are the conditions of internship for foreign students?
Foreign students are not required to obtain a work permit for practical training, except for the cases provided for in paragraph 15 of the Regulations on the practice of students mastering the basic professional educational programs of higher education (approved by the Ministry of education and science of Russia dated 27.11.2015 № 1383).